TreePad Lite is a very intuitive and small, yet powerful personal database program, only 465 K in size. It allows you to store all your notes, e-mails, texts, and hyperlinks into one or multiple databases. With the look and feel of the familiar Windows Explorer, editing, storing, browsing, searching and retrieving your data can not be easier. TreePad Lite can be run directly from a floppy, if necessary, including data. To find any article you previously created or imported, you can browse the tree, in the same way as you browse directories/folders in Windows Explorer. You also can use the internal search engine to find any piece of information swiftly.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Manage and cross-link all information in your personal and priv...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Perform more than a hundred scientific functions.
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Organize research papers, articles, books and whatever related ...
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Edit, format, organize, store, search, and encrypt different ki...
- Study physicochemical and thermophysical properties of various ...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Access, edit, and manage databases and create documents.
- Save and organize information about your travels, friends, plac...
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Compared to other free outliners, this one falls short!"
Version: TreePad Lite 4.3
the only thing I can think of, is that this software is free
--no RTF capability
--cannot insert ANYTHING into you notes in the way of RTF, objects, tables, etc...
--This company is SLOW to make any significant updates to their products - even the paid versions look like they belong to the Windows 95 era.
A company should have to do more than just make software that will run, it must stand on its own, in the company of like applications. And this one fails terribly at that. This application is about as bare bones as you can get, and even MS Notepad has more configurable options associated with it.
An example of a free application that does more and is free is SEONote (http://www.seonote.info/). SEONote does just about as much as the TreePad paid version, and it is FREE! I am not linked with SEONote in any way, it is just a comparison of software done with forethought and done right, instead of what you can get away with.
Bottom Line: Though this software will run, and it will allow you to type in information, there are many options available to you that are free and much better in terms of company support and software updates. Software is not really free, even if you do not pay any money for it; you have to spend your time learning the software, and getting information into it in a format that is usable to you. Do yourself a favor and download something else, and invest your time in something that will pay more dividends