Editors' Note: You will be taken to a third-party site to complete your download. Using P2P and file-sharing software to distribute copyrighted material without authorization is illegal in the United States and many other countries. CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content.
Transmission is a fast, easy, and free multi-platform BitTorrent client. Transmission sets initial preferences so things "Just Work", while advanced features like watch directories, bad peer blocking, and the web interface can be configured with just a few clicks. Transmission supports full encryption, file selection, a web-based interface, groups, peer exchange, automatic port forwarding, webseeds, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more. Its code is freely available online and is licensed under either the GNU Public License v2 or the MIT License. The development team welcomes anyone who is interested in contributing code, documentation, translations, or other help.
What's new in this version:
- Better error logging when user-provided scripts can't be executed
- The "Time Remaining" property wasn't set for torrents with webseeds but no peers
- Fix rare error that created a directory name "$HOME"
- Fix sort-by-age regression introduced in 2.74
- The "Edit Trackers" window didn't resize properly due to a 2.70 regression
- Raise the main window when presen... See all new features »