Editors' Note: You will be taken to a third-party site to complete your download. Using P2P and file-sharing software to distribute copyrighted material without authorization is illegal in the United States and many other countries. CBS Interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of copyrighted content.
Transmission is a fast, easy, and free multi-platform BitTorrent client. Transmission sets initial preferences so things "Just Work", while advanced features like watch directories, bad peer blocking, and the web interface can be configured with just a few clicks. Macworld put it this way: "It's fast, it's extremely lightweight, and -- even though it's available for a variety of platforms -- it behaves just as you'd expect a Mac program to."
Transmission supports full encryption, file selection, a web-based interface, groups, peer exchange, automatic port forwarding, webseeds, watch directories, tracker editing, global and per-torrent speed limits, and more. Its code is freely available online and is licensed under either the GNU Public License v2 or the MIT License. The development team welcomes anyone who is interested in contributing code, documentation, translations, or other help.
What's new in this version:
- Fix crasher on 10.5 Leopard
- Torrent queuing
- Improved webseed support
- Fix crash when removing a magnetized transfer
- Fix adding transfers over RPC when a subfolder does not exist
- Other minor fixes
- Lion: Use popovers for the global and per-torrent action menus
- Lion: Animations in the inspector's file list and the message window
- Support sorting transfers by size
- No longer keep track of recently opened t... See all new features »