CNET Editors' review
Busy users may need an efficient way to track their tasks. TodoPlus for Mac has all of the functions necessary for organizing to-dos, but the cluttered interface makes it difficult to use.
Download and installation of this free program completed quickly, as did initial set up. No technical support was available and the tutorial was of little help. After moving through the tutorial menus, TodoPlus for Mac began to slow the test computer down, lengthening the time spent switching between different menus. The program's main interface has a cluttered row of buttons along the top of the window. Users have a number of options, including creating new lists, importing text files, and displaying as HTML, along with additional functions for prioritizing lists. Once lists are created, users can organize them into file folders based on categories or in any other way the user sees fit. All of these functions perform adequately, but the program's overall slow functioning and inefficient menu diminish its utility.
TodoPlus for Mac functions adequately, but its poor design and heavy CPU usage make it less useful than other, Web-based list applications.
Free to-do list software. Organize large to-do lists the easy way. Focus on your most important tasks first. Reduce time spend on unimportant tasks. Stay focused on one task at a time. Always know what to do next. Achieve more in less time by being more productive. Key Features: 1. Easy to use - TodoPlus is designed with productivity and simplicity in mind. It is fast to add and organize many tasks. 2. Filters - Focus on your most important tasks using filtering : Hide unimportant tasks and/or finished tasks. 3. Sub-tasks - You can have many levels of sub-tasks, that can be opened and closed like folders - and even hidden if "unimportant". 4. Password protection - Files are encrypted and backed up and you may add a password to each file. 5. Accessibility - Keyboard shortcuts for anything. Fast access to tools. Resizeable fonts. 6. Multiple lines per task - Tasks titles can have multiple lines of text. 7. Search for tags - Search through large files for tags like 'email', 'phone' and 'urgent'. 8. Continue where you left off - TodoPlus remembers all your settings including window position/size, font face/size, filter settings, file history the last opened file. 9. Import/Export tasks - Just copy/paste the tasks both ways. Preview in web browser, can be easily transferred to other text-editors. 10. Cross-platform - TodoPlus works both on Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X and the TodoPlus fileformat (*.plan) is the same.
What's new in this version: Bugfixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Use the information provided easier, using less time.
- Calculate your auto loan using variable rates, taxes, and other...
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"It's ugly as hell and ununderstandable like windoz!"
Version: TodoPlus 2.000
It remembers us how lucky we are using Mac!
It's a shock, a nightmare!
It's hardly to believe that such a... disgusting 'thing' was thought to work on a proper Operating System born after 1984.
Not to mention the time needed to just START to understand how it works!
A jump in the past and a side jump then, from the good to the evil.
"Great productivity app"
Version: TodoPlus 2.000
There is nothing superfluous.
Didn't mention problems with this program.
It helps me much with my working time management.
"Perfect For What I Want!"
Version: TodoPlus 1.541
- Simple to Use
- Basic, but still full of options
None that I have found
I was looking for a 'To Do' tool that doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, because I don't need or want them. I want a tool that simple lets me create a list, with sublists, and this is exactly what I wanted it.
It was easy to set up and I was able to start using it right away because it's pretty intuitive. And it's free! Thank you so much for this simple tool.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content