TinkerTool System specifications
What's new in version 2.4
This release adds a new emergency tool to TinkerTool System which can help to repair and troubleshoot Mac OS X installations even if the entire graphical user interface, or the user account of the system administrator are no longer operational. The new standalone utility adds the following features:
- Verifying and repairing the startup disk before startup.
- Verifying and repairing the system's folder for the storage of temporary objects.
- Verifying and repairing specific permission settings of the code integrity checker of Mac OS X.
- Verifying and resetting permission settings of operating system files, independent of the graphical user interface.
- Performing an automatic quick check and repair procedure to ensure a sufficiently good state of the base operating system.
- Deactivating corrupted preference files for a user account.
- Deleting user-related Input Managers.
- Deactivating and reactivating cache contents of a user account.
- Deactivating and reactivating all preference settings of a user account.
- Deactivating corrupted system preference files.
- Deleting system-wide Input Managers.
- Deactivating and reactivating the contents of system-wide caches.
- Resetting network-managed preferences (MCX).
- Removing third-party startup objects.
- Cleaning the swap space.
- Disabling automatic login.
- Uninstalling the emergency tool, independent of the graphical user interface.
- Added a new pane to install, update, or remove the emergency tool.
- Added a new feature to inspect technical details of optical disks, like manufacturer, compliance with recording standards, or session layout.
- The dialog sheet to propagate permissions will now remember the last set of permission categories selected by the user.
- Small changes in the user interface.
- Publisher Marcel Bresink Software-Systeme
- Publisher web site http://www.bresink.com
- Release date August 30, 2010
- Date added August 29, 2010
- Version 2.4
- Operating systems Mac OS X 10.5 PPC, Mac OS X 10.5 Intel, Mac OS X 10.6
- Additional requirements
- Mac OS X 10.5 - 10.6
- File size Not available
- File name download.php5
- Total Downloads 1,684
- Downloads last week 31
- License model Free to try
- Limitations Not available
- Price $14.00