CNET Editors' review
Tinderbox is a professional-grade information-management tool for creating, organizing, using, and sharing notes--especially large or complex sets of data, whether you're composing a novel, drafting a presentation, or performing academic research. Tinderbox has a very visual interface that provides a lot of flexibility, giving you multiple options for viewing notes (in map, outline, timeline, chart, treemap, or explorer windows), which you can drag and drop into hierarchical "containers" along with various contextual properties and links. A powerful, open-ended system of "agents"--basically, persistent searches--scans your notes continuously, identifying patterns or attributes and then executing macro-like actions. Tinderbox also includes rich tools for searching and exporting notes in sophisticated ways, and syncing with the free Simplenote app helps you share notes on the web and between devices.
What separates Tinderbox from less involved--and less expensive--organizational apps is its deep and elegant feature set and an almost kung-fu-like guiding philosophy. ("The Tinderbox Way" is available in hardback from the developer for $50.) Fortunately, new users will find that Tinderbox includes good basic documentation, and its devoted user base maintains an active forum and wiki. Unfortunately, the trial version of Tinderbox only lets users create 30 notes, arguably not enough to really get a feel for such a complex (and pricey) app.
From Eastgate Systems Inc:
Tinderbox stores your notes, ideas, plans. It can help you organize, analyze, and understand them. And Tinderbox helps you share your ideas through weblogs and Web journals. It's a PERSONAL content management assistant.
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Share your screen with another user quickly and easily.
- Meet online, share your screen and video conference with anyone...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Access and control your home or office Windows PC remotely.
- Share and sync Outlook contacts, sharing items via email withou...
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Store and share your partner details in in a database accessibl...
- Create, receive, process, and respond to service requests to sp...
- View Visio drawings and diagrams inside your Microsoft Internet...
All versions:3.1 stars
out of 23 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"The best organizational tool"
Version: Tinderbox 5.7.1
Tinderbox has so many featuyrtes and possibilities and adapts to your needs. It's the perfect tool for notes, really!
Long learning curve. But there is no need to learn everything from Day 1.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content