TimeStor is a new easy-to-use, server-based time management application. It is designed to help project teams or workgroups track and manage their time spent on projects. TimeStor is unlike most other shareware applications out there, in that it collects the time that many workers spend on various projects. Project managers or team leads, then, can track the time spent by entire teams.
It is web-enabled, which allows it to be run on a single computer. Individual team members then submit their time to it automatically over the Internet. TimeStor is designed to accept submissions from TimeBox, which is a single-user time tracking application. Workers track their time using TimeBox; then they periodically submit their time to TimeStor, either manually, with just the click of a button, or automatically, based on preset daily, weekly, or monthly schedules.
Workers don't need to use the TimeBox application to submit time. Instead, if desired, workers can submit their time to TimeStor through any standard Web browser.
TimeStor offers many additional features, including the 'QwikMessage' instant messaging capability, which enhances communication among team members. Advanced reporting features allow administrators to easily create customized reports in a variety of formats. And easy backup capabilities help ensure that the data remains safe.
But don't let those features scare you off. Because first and foremost, TimeStor is designed to be easy to use, both by the administrator and by the individual team members. TimeStor has its own built-in webserver and database, which means that no other components need to be installed. TimeStor is also designed to run on any computer... servers, desktops, laptops, etc. Setup is a snap, and requires no more expertise than it takes to, say, use a word processor or spreadsheet program. Finally, the price is extremely affordable.
What's new in this version:
- Ability to selectively export projects and tasks, rather than having to export all of them
- Individual users can now access TimeStor through a Web browser to change their passwords
- Fixed a bug in which an error is thrown when trying to access reports before any projects or tasks had been created.
More Products to Consider
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Convert image files to PDF document.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create, read, edit and share word, spreadsheets and presentatio...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Create multiple TIFF files from multiple PDF files.
- Read and display PDF manuals and help files.
- Convert PDF files to txt, rtf, Word and Excel documents.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Convert PDF files to MS Word compatible RTF documents.
- Convert various formats DOC, XLS, or PPT to PDF.
- Discover and play online videos, download, save, organize, and ...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: