From Always Thinking:
Thinking Home 2.0 is the easiest-to-use, affordable home automation solution for Mac OS X. It is faster than ever and savvy about the most popular controllers, like the PowerLinc V2 and ActiveHome Pro.
In many cases, it can store your schedule in a controller so you turn off your Mac. Even the most powerful features are made simple, so that normal people can benefit, not just gearheads. One of the coolest features is the built-in speech recognition. You say "Turn on the living room lamp." and it does!
Thinking Home can be evaluated as a demo for free, without expiration.
- Setup Assistant to help you get started
- Gadget Guide with more than 75 models of hardware.
- INSTEON and X-10 standards
- Events and Responders can operate gadgets, open web pages, play audio, all kinds of actions
- Innovative Desktop Remote operates your gadgets directly from the Finder
- Sherlock plug-in for finding answers in home automation forums, wiki's and newsgroups
- Web access that fits seamlessly with Apple's built-in Personal Web Sharing
- Email and iChat/AOL Instant Messenger, even to cell phones
- Scripting with AppleScript and virtually any language you have installed (unix shell scripts, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Voice commands and spoken announcements
Examples and Benefits:
- Save energy by using lights only when needed
- Improve security with interactive lighting and announcements
- Enjoy the convenience of remote control
- Assist with disabilities, such as hearing or wheelchair needs.
What's new in this version:
Thinking Home v2.0 is a completely new application with a modern design that delivers performance without compromising ease of use. Compared to v1.x, these features are new:
- USB support for PowerLinc V2 and ActiveHome Pro
- INSTEON support
- Setup Assistant
- Gadget Guide
- More Mac actions, like email, AIM, sounds
- Scripting in virtually any language you have installed
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access great cheatsaves for your PS3.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Create tests for your students quickly and easily.
- Interpret the messages from your angels.
- Understand & interpret dreams.
- Learn the possibilities of a graphic language that helps solve ...
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Get over 600 ICT-related teaching resources.
- Calculate your astrology numerology fadic number.
- Control and schedule shutdown, reboot, and wakeup jobs of remot...
- Calculate the numbers that describe your level of motivation in...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"don't even bother!"
Version: Thinking Home 2.2.4
The features if they worked more than 1% of the time
everything! Mainly the fact that this product doesn't work and has virtually no support or knowledge base. Connection problems are continuous, troubleshooting impossible and there is no info.
I used it twice: probably about 1 hour successfully and about 10 troubleshooting in the dark... At least X10 had a bunch of info and you could find info to solve problems.
"Great to See Thinking Home Updated!"
Version: Thinking Home 2.0b17
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com.
I have been using Thinking Home for years...started using it on an old Mac Color Classic. Thinking Home worked when I moved to a PowerPC and their OSX version worked when it was time to move forward. Now that I am starting to use CF blubs and moving away from Active Home, Thinking Home has once again stepped up and works great in 10.5.2.
Thinking Home just plain works and is very simple to use.