Thinking Home 2.0 is the easiest-to-use, affordable home automation solution for Mac OS X. It is faster than ever and savvy about the most popular controllers, like the PowerLinc V2 and ActiveHome Pro.
In many cases, it can store your schedule in a controller so you turn off your Mac. Even the most powerful features are made simple, so that normal people can benefit, not just gearheads. One of the coolest features is the built-in speech recognition. You say "Turn on the living room lamp." and it does!
Thinking Home can be evaluated as a demo for free, without expiration.
- Setup Assistant to help you get started
- Gadget Guide with more than 75 models of hardware.
- INSTEON and X-10 standards
- Events and Responders can operate gadgets, open web pages, play audio, all kinds of actions
- Innovative Desktop Remote operates your gadgets directly from the Finder
- Sherlock plug-in for finding answers in home automation forums, wiki's and newsgroups
- Web access that fits seamlessly with Apple's built-in Personal Web Sharing
- Email and iChat/AOL Instant Messenger, even to cell phones
- Scripting with AppleScript and virtually any language you have installed (unix shell scripts, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Voice commands and spoken announcements
Examples and Benefits:
- Save energy by using lights only when needed
- Improve security with interactive lighting and announcements
- Enjoy the convenience of remote control
- Assist with disabilities, such as hearing or wheelchair needs.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a failure to delete some RS-232 controllers.
- Fixed Drag & Drop of events
- Added a model menu to the Controller Info window
- Added support for dimming directly to a given level.