Players can live their fantasies of fame and fortune as they pursue the dream of being a Rock Star, Movie Star, or a Supermodel, live the lifestyle of a celebrity, and even mingle with the rich and famous. In order to gain popularity, characters must sign with an agent and then move to Studio Town, a new fully customizable location which houses television and movie lots, recording studios, fashion outlets, and spas. Players follow their Sims to work to schmooze and name-drop their way to superstardom. Popularity is measured with the â??Fame Scoreâ?? for each character in the game. If the player achieves a high â??Fame Score,â?? they will be able to enjoy a more comfortable life than ever before with luxury services and objects including satellite dishes, skydiving simulators, art and furniture collections, steam baths, mud treatments, massages, and even an oxygen bar. Players are able to hire staff including a butler, domestic staff, a sushi chef, and a masseuse. Of course, being a celebrity has a downside too. While working hard to increase fame and popularity and perhaps even win a coveted Simmy award, celebrities will gather the attention of obsessed fans, groupies and the paparazzi.
- New Studio Town location-dazzle directors, rock the recording studio, or light up the fashion runway.
- 150+ New Items!
- Get a satellite dish and add four new channels to your TV lineup.
- Get on the Karaoke Stage and sing to the beat of your favorite tunes.
- Visit the Oxygen Bar, breathe deep and relax in style!
- Use the Skydiving Simulator and fly high while staying low.
- Visit the music studio and record the hit that everyone's talking about!
What's new in this version:
- Superstar now supports long file names (names greater than 31 characters). As a result, you can now add objects and skins to your installation with names such as "estaticabluecheapsetbookcase.iff". Previous versions of The Sims required the use of the Namer utility to shorten such long file names. This is no longer necessary or supported. If you have files in your Sims installation that have been shortened by Namer, they will be automatically renamed by Superstar to their original long n... See all new features »