From Iceberg Reader:
The Legend of Bass Reeves
December 30, 2008
Born into slavery, Bass Reeves became the most successful US Marshal of the Wild West.Many "heroic lawmen" of the Wild West, familiar to us through television and film, were actually violent scoundrels and outlaws themselves. But of all the sheriffs of the frontier, one man stands out as a true hero: Bass Reeves.He was the most successful Federal Marshal in the US in his day. True to the mythical code of the West, he never drew his gun first. He brought hundreds of fugitives to justice, was shot at countless times, and never hit. Bass Reeves was a black man, born into slavery. And though the laws of his country enslaved him and his mother, when he became a free man he served the law, with such courage and honor that he became a legend.From the Hardcover edition.
About the Author
Gary Paulsen is the distinguished author of many critically acclaimed books for young people, His most recent books are Brian's Hunt, The Quilt, Molly McGinty Has a Really Good Day, and The Time Hackers. The author lives in New Mexico and the Pacific Ocean.From the Hardcover edition.
The Iceberg Reader revolutionizes the reading experience, making it easier than ever to browse, buy and enjoy books.
- Attractive interface provides a natural reading experience with full pagination.
- Table of Contents incorporates one click navigation.
- Vertical and horizontal page orientation.
- Adjust font size with a pinch, text reflows automatically.
- Search the text within a book.
- Create margin notes with user notation.
About Random House Children's Books
Random House, Inc., the world's largest English-language trade book publisher, publishes many of the foremost & most popular fiction & nonfiction authors in hardcover, trade & mass market paperback, audio, electronic, digital & other formats. Random House, Inc. (www.randomhouse.com) is the U.S. division of Random House, the book division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the world's leading media companies. Random House, Inc. has won the most major awards of any publishing company, including the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, & the Newbery Medal. Among the dozens of Random House, Inc. publishing divisions & imprints in the U.S. are the Bantam Dell Publishing Group, the Crown Publishing Group, the Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group, the Knopf Publishing Group, Fodor's Travel Guides, Random House Children's Books, the Random House Publishing Group, & the Random House Audio Publishing Group. Random House's publishing companies in Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Japan, & Korea are publishing leaders in their territories.
ScrollMotion, creator of the Iceberg Reader, is a content technology company based in New York City. For more information, visit www.scrollmotion.com.
If you have any technical problems please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you post a review.
More Products to Consider
- 100% FREE and Full version, Urdu Dictionary - English To Urdu D...
- This is English - Urdu and Urdu - English Dictionary ( ), conta...
- A truly offline dictionaries app allows you to browse up to 46 ...
- Translate English to Tamil.
- Midnight PleasuresEloisa JamesIsland BooksSeptember 2 2009In th...
- IBooks is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks inc...
- *This is a British English Dictionary and Thesaurus. If you are...
- Learn more about how to deal with the Premenstrual Syndrome.
- Learn more about Islam on your iOS device.
- This is English - Hindi and Hindi - English Dictionary ( ), con...
- Manage food calories to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Best English to Telugu dictionary in the market. It has more th...
- Archiemd's 3D guide to the most common health conditions, proce...
- Read books on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with Lexcycle S...
- Carry the world's most popular dermatology atlas on your mobile...
- Missing AbbyLee WeatherlyLaurel LeafDecember 18, 2008WHEN 13-YE...
- Mobile Apps are now a major solution for better communication b...
- This is English Tagalog Dictionary, containing 39000 translatio...
- Molly McGinty Has a Really Good DayGary PaulsenYearlingJanuary ...
- Spirometry is the most common of the pulmonary function tests m...
- A Love for All TimeDorothy GarlockBantamSeptember 16, 2009Casey...
- Tom is your pet cat, that responds to your touch and repeats ev...
- Trauma Life Support presents the latest ACS guidelines for asse...
- Enchanting PleasuresEloisa JamesDellSeptember 2 2009People maga...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A long over due story."
Version: The Legend of Bass Reeves by Gary Paulsen 3.0.1
Revealing the truth.
Stay tune for the epic feature of: ?Bass Reeves? US Deputy Marshal. In the mean time; Keep telling that history:
Read the novel, Rescue at Pine Ridge, ?RaPR?, a great story of black military history?the first generation of Buffalo Soldiers.
How do you keep a people down? ?Never? let them ?know? their history.
The 7th Cavalry got their butts in a sling again after the Little Big Horn Massacre, fourteen years later, the day after the Wounded Knee Massacre. If it wasn?t for the 9th Cavalry Buffalo Soldiers, there would of been a second massacre of the 7th Cavalry.
Read the novel, ?Rescue at Pine Ridge?, 5 stars Amazon, Barnes & Noble and the youtube trailer commercial?and visit the website http://www.rescueatpineridge.com
I hope you?ll enjoy the novel. I wrote it from my mini-series movie of the same title, ?RaPR? to keep my story alive. Hollywood has had a lot of strikes and doesn?t like telling our stories?its been ?his-story? of history all along?until now. The movie so far has attached, Bill Duke directing, Hill Harper, Glynn Turman and a host of other major actors in which we are in talks with?see imdb.com at; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0925633/
When you get a chance, also please visit our Alpha Wolf Production website at; http://www.alphawolfprods.com and see our other productions, like Stagecoach Mary, the first Black Woman to deliver mail for Wells Fargo in Montana, in the 1890?s, ?spread the word?.