From Nigel Bufton Software:
Create comprehensive narrative GEDCOM reports and books with fully cross-referenced texts, notes, media, and family tree diagrams. The Complete Genealogy Reporter can incorporate all cousins, aunts, uncles, and indirect relationships via marriage, for any individual in your GEDCOM file. The user interface is a simple four-step wizard-style process which generates a report to a PDF file, a printer, or a text file (proof-reading draft). Version 2008 includes unspecified updates.
What's new in this version: Version 2008 includes unspecified updates.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get fast and flexible digital-media playback with access to sma...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Surf the Web comfortably, relying on speed, safety, and power o...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Keep track of all your PDF documents.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Encrypt your files via Serpent encryption algorithm.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Create reports to share with family members"
Version: The Complete Genealogy Reporter 2008
Reports can be placed into a pdf file with hyperlinks for navigation within
Textual descriptions of ea person in tree
Shows relationships to person in tree that you choose
Tree itself is very simple but to me it's there for reference/context
The only con I noticed (and it depends on what you're looking for) is that there doesn't seem to be an option to "clean" living people from your gedcom before you report. So, you might need another program to do that b4 using this to report.
See full description and samples at http://www.tcgr.bufton.org/.
What seems to be really unique about this product is that you can create reports that are easily shareable with family members (including non-technical ones) in a pdf file with hyperlinks. You download software - they don't. I've found that I need to get information from family members and they may not be technical or just may not have the time to get involved with searching and clicking from your online tree to provide input. You can give them an easily understandable report to reference and from what's provided you can see what info you're missing and want to quiz them on (without writing everything out longhand).
There's a 30 day free trial so if the samples on the website look handy to you, give it a try. They don't collect credit card info up front so you only provide it if you like it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content