The Bad Bot Exterminator protects WordPress blogs from external threats. It has protected my WordPress blogs form hackers from Russia, Germany, France, USA, Turkey, Ukraine, Moldova, China and other countries.
There are two versions the Pro version which is paid for and the Free Version that you can download from here.
Before you do anything back up you WordPress site - backup the directories and files and back up the database.
The Bad Bot Exterminator is a FireWall and not a WordPress plugin so it has to be installed as a separate program on your server. You will need to install dpabadbotwp WordPress plugin into your WordPress blog. This will allow the two programs to work together.
Powerful Security and Anti Hacking Features
1. You can lock up your WordPress site so that no one can log in. Brute force login hackers have failed after years of trying.
2. Blocks all hackers to your WordPress website. It can also block unknown bots and hackers too. This means that those bots that will be developed in the future can be blocked too.
3. Can differentiate between real visitors and bots.
4. Specify the name of the bot to be blocked
5. Many bots are cunning and that is why we block bad bots and hackers by an IP address or a range of IP addresses.
6. Yes, you can keep a white list of allowed good bots.
7. Every thing is automated for you and you do not have to do a thing. Just tell the Bad Bot Exterminator what type of website you are running and either take the default settings or customize it for your site.
8. One of the best features is that the Bad Bot Exterminator is very effective against DDoS attacks. Most your visitors would not notice that your website is under a DoS or DDoS attack.
9. Some types of cross scripting are blocked.