Tk is a graphical user interface toolkit that makes it possible to create powerful GUIs incredibly quickly. It proved so popular that it now ships with all distributions of Tcl.
Tcl and Tk were created and developed by John Ousterhout. Developers all over the world followed his example and built their own Tcl extensions. Today, there are hundreds of Tcl extensions for all manner of applications.
Tcl and Tk are highly portable, running on essentially all flavors of Unix, (Linix, Solaris, IRIX, AIX, *BSD*, the list goes on and on) Windows, Macintosh, and more.
What's new in this version:
- tweaked MSL libraries to weak link with all apple libraries (including InterfaceLib), which should workaround the various "symbol not found" startup errors on old OS versions that have been reported.
- updated WASTE lib (included in MSL) to 2.0 final.
- updated MoreFiles to 1.5.3.
- built with latest UniversalInterfaces (3.4.2).
Mac specific Tcl changes:
- [resource, AppleScript]: added utf8 conversion of text resource contents and of resource/applescript file names.... See all new features »