tazti Speech Recognition Software for Windows Vista
A newer version of tazti Speech Recognition Software for Windows Vista is available.Or, Learn More About tazti Speech Recognition Software for Windows Vista
Full user review
"Excellent Speech Recognition Software and it's Free"
Easy to install and runs great! Best free software I've run across in years. See details of Pro's and Con's below....
Nothing bad. See details of Pro's and Con's below.....
Pros:Whoops I made a mistake in my original review. Tazti works great with 64 bit operating systems. Sorry about that. Got it confused with something else. Andy
- I can very easily perform voice searches of all these search engines: Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask, Amazon, eBay, Wikipedia, Youtube, Digg, Flicker, Technorati, Facebook and Myspace, AOL Video.
- Tazti also performs stock market voice searches through google finance. I check some of my stock portfolio daily using Tazti.
- I can also use 35 speech commands to control my iTunes music player on my PC.
- Another feature allows me to perform voice searches of Internet Explorer, Firefox and safari for a bookmark I've saved. I have hundreds of saved bookmarks and it's great to be able to search them all by voice.
- Tazti also lets me get into my Facebook and Myspace accounts by talking to my PC. Then I can use speech commands to go from area to area!
- I can turn on my AOL and Yahoo messanger and my camera by using speech commands.
- For me the best feature is the ability to create my own speech commands. I created one speech command " Yo baby I love my chevy" and associated it to my chevy news website. So I say the speech command into my mic and my PC opens my favorite chevy website automatically!! No more typing. I created another speech command "save some cash" that when spoken opens dealcatcher.com. I have other commands open opening programs, files and other websites.
- Also lets a person click, double click and use context menu by speaking to their PC.
Overall I've never seen a speech recognition application do any of this stuff. These guys are the first at what they are doing and it really works.
Check out their youtube video if you want to see it in action for yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1tt_aeIAM8
Cons: They are still working on a 64 bit version, but the 32 bit version works great on all my other PC's! They did not include a dictation capability, but I use another application that I paid $120 for, to do letter dication.(Tazti is free!) The XP version takes about 30 minutes to train, but it was worth it because the speech recognition quality was excellent! I also installed the Tazti Vista version on my Vista machine and it only took 15 minutes to train also providing fantastic speech recognition.
I use a pretty good $31 mic headset and I get great speech recognition on my XP and Vista machines. This application is clearly built to offer hot new features and also to reduce the amount of clicks and keyboard keystrokes a person needs to make when using these features. I guess that I'm eliminating 85% to 90% of normal keystrokes when I use tazti for the features it offers. But tazti is not for eliminating 100% of keystrokes. I could probably get rid of 97% if i was wanted. Either way it really helps with my tender fingers in the winter. I have intermittent pain from too much computer use and am not disabled.
So cheers to the guys at Tazti for breaking new ground with a fun speech recognition app that I can use daily!
Updated on Apr 12, 2009
Updated on Apr 12, 2009Whoops I made a mistake in my original review. Tazti works great with 64 bit operating systems. Sorry about that. Got it confused with something else. Andy
Updated on Apr 12, 2009Sorry I made a mistake. Tazti works fine on my 64 bit Vista operating system machine. I was thinking of another software that has problems...