Task Planner is a client-server application that can be used in multiple ways. It uses SQL Server databases for storing data (Express editions are supported as well). You may install the Task Planner client on one machine with the Administrative version & database on another for company usage, or choose to use Task Planner for individual work. You may also decide to install the database onto a server in the local network, and install client applications on the surrounding workstations. This method of using Task Planner allows for the organization of multiple people's work. Task Planner works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7. It also can be installed on Windows Server 2003 or 2008. After you have logged into the Task Planner client, you can choose a project from a list of available projects. Next, you will see list of tasks that need to be completed. Just click 'Start,' and minimize Task Planner client to system tray. While you are working on an available task, the Task Planner client will in no way distract you. When you want to take a break from the project, or end the project, you may choose to "Pause" or "Stop" the task through the system tray icon menu. You can also restore the Task Planner client window using the system tray icon. You may add and edit tasks, enter task descriptions, assign different priorities to the tasks. The Task Planner Administrator's intended use is for browsing users/projects, and viewing statistics. It is easy to add a new user, edit user data or delete a user with the help of the Users tab. The Statistics tab provides many options as well. You can filter the types of tasks you are currently viewing (tasks some users, tasks from a selected project, tasks with a certain status or priority, etc.). You can also easily print statistics, or export them to Excel. Detailed help is available describing the work of Task Planner Administrator and Task Planner Client.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 includes the following improvements:
- Detailed help was added for Administrator and Client applications
- Interface enhancements for user management part
- Uninstallation process was improved
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize tasks, task lists, notes, and reminders in hierarchica...
- Organize your time with proactive time tracker working like a p...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Schedule and manage employees, customers, rooms, and equipment ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Calculate the annual percent rate on your loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create sticky notes on your desktop.
- Install TaskVision database, XML Web services, and client updat...
- Create and manage personal todo list and shared task list for y...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Perform fast CSV to XML conversion from GUI or command line.
- Track your important events and get reminders of them.
- Write and edit XML that conforms to the latest W3C standards.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Schedule programs, scripts, and other tasks to start automatica...
- Get access to Web based administration and control on XML files...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content