Task Planner is a client-server application that can be used in multiple ways. It uses SQL Server databases for storing data (Express editions are supported as well). You may install the Task Planner client on one machine with the Administrative version & database on another for company usage, or choose to use Task Planner for individual work. You may also decide to install the database onto a server in the local network, and install client applications on the surrounding workstations. This method of using Task Planner allows for the organization of multiple people's work. Task Planner works on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7. It also can be installed on Windows Server 2003 or 2008. After you have logged into the Task Planner client, you can choose a project from a list of available projects. Next, you will see list of tasks that need to be completed. Just click 'Start,' and minimize Task Planner client to system tray. While you are working on an available task, the Task Planner client will in no way distract you. When you want to take a break from the project, or end the project, you may choose to "Pause" or "Stop" the task through the system tray icon menu. You can also restore the Task Planner client window using the system tray icon. You may add and edit tasks, enter task descriptions, assign different priorities to the tasks. The Task Planner Administrator's intended use is for browsing users/projects, and viewing statistics. It is easy to add a new user, edit user data or delete a user with the help of the Users tab. The Statistics tab provides many options as well. You can filter the types of tasks you are currently viewing (tasks some users, tasks from a selected project, tasks with a certain status or priority, etc.). You can also easily print statistics, or export them to Excel. Detailed help is available describing the work of Task Planner Administrator and Task Planner Client.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2 includes the following improvements:
- Detailed help was added for Administrator and Client applications
- Interface enhancements for user management part
- Uninstallation process was improved
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Control and submit submissions.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Manage your home multimedia collection.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Send software PAD files to shareware and freeware sites automat...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Analyze Macintosh files stored on a Windows NT server.
- See 28 photos of God's creatures with 5 Christian music MIDI fi...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Simply and quickly create your own custom jigsaw puzzles.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Bring presents to mazes of deep space while avoiding malicious ...
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Edit and modify CSV files in easy steps.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Set an icon, background image, and description for your folders...
- Configure your alarm clock.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Create crossword and sudoku puzzles.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content