Taco HTML Edit is a full-featured HTML editor and PHP editor distributed as freeware. It is designed exclusively for Mac OS X and uses many of the core technologies built into Mac OS X including image transparency (in the image map wizard), toolbars, WebKit (for live previewing), and much more.
Taco HTML Edit includes the following features:
- Live previewing of HTML and PHP documents
- Projects with multiple documents
- Customizable HTML and PHP tag coloring
- Code Clips to keep track of frequently used HTML code
- The ability to choose any browser for the preview browser
- Creating new documents with the code from an existing file
- Customizable toolbar with a show/hide option
- Find panel with multiple search options
- Wizards for inserting colors, font tags, image tags, image maps, links, lists, meta tags, and tables
- Image map wizard that is easy to use and powerful
- Advanced Tag Insert Panel with all HTML 4.01 tags and attributes.
- Supports opening and saving files in Unicode and UTF8 formats to handle non-English characters.
- Checks tag syntax and structure.
- Spell-checking, with ability to ignore HTML tags.
- Display line numbers for documents.
- Universal binary.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes a bug where a tilde (~) character would be inserted into filenames when saving to a network volume.