CNET Editors' review
TSR Watermark Image Software from andromedaIT is a free program that can add watermarks to your images and documents. You can use it to mark the images you post online to keep them from being reused without your permission. You can make your watermarks barely visible or unmistakable, depending on your needs: a light mark for credit on images you mean to share, and heavy marking to protect images from being reused, such as when photographers post example images on their Web sites.
TSR Watermark's interface resembles a properties dialog but is really a typical three-panel Windows app in disguise, with a left-hand navigation panel for selecting source, destination, and editing watermark images and a main view bar split horizontally by a narrow progress bar. The upper panel is a watermark selection tool for adding images and text; the tabbed lower panel displays the finished document and a log file. We selected an image to watermark and a destination folder. Other choices included output format, quality, size, and orientation, as well as EXIF data options. We selected 50 percent watermark transparency and a lower-left placement. We moved to the watermark panel and chose Use Text, entered our watermark text, chose some options like font, chisel, emboss, color, and border; opted to add the text to the EXIF Copyright data; selected Preview when running; and clicked Start. The program quickly added the watermark text to our image, displayed it in the preview panel, and recorded the operation in the Log tab. Next we tried an image watermark. We browsed to a picture to use as a watermark and selected size, angle, transparency, and placement. Once again, the program quickly added the watermark and saved the file to our destination folder. We viewed our test files in Photoshop, and the watermarks created by TSR Watermark looked clean and professionally done. Satisfied, we added some copyright watermarks to a large batch of snapshots, successfully stopping and restarting the program during the process.
Watermarking can protect your digital and intellectual property. TSR Watermark Image Software makes it easy to add custom watermarks to a wide range of file types, one by one or in batches.
From andromeda IT:
TSR Watermark Image Software is a watermark image program, is software that can add digital Watermarks to all your images, photos and pictures in the background with the transparency you decide. The program can also resize the images before the digital watermark is added. When creating the watermark, you can use either text or another picture as the source of the watermark. If you want to add the watermark to the background, you can set the logo or the text to be more or less transparent, and define the transparency color on the image or select the first pixel in the upper left corner as transparency color.
What's new in this version: Version 126.96.36.199 fixed an error in the function that adds.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Download, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Right-click an image file you want to preview and you'll see a ...
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- Take screenshots (selected area, or full screen), edit and uplo...
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 15 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Makes an easy job of preparing images for uploading."
Version: TSR Watermark Image Software 188.8.131.52
Allows for the positioning of text/image at eight points along the perimeter or centrally with vertical and horizontal offsets. Rotation is accomplished by specifying an angle. Color is customizeable as is transparency. Supports multiple output directories. Converts .png to .jpeg easily.
Custom colors are not added and retained in the custom palette.
Does not access the full system font library which includes italic/bold faces and symbols. Have not determined what library it uses so I can augment the selection. Does not remember file path for non-batch image marking after closing program making it necessary to carry it minimized on the task bar.
The best freeware I've found to date for adding title,copyright,& signature to images of my artwork which are sized beforehand.
I'm pleased with it and don't hesitate to recommend it!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content