- 16 bit graphics (Over 32,000 colours on screen!)
- Lightning fast sprite engine (supports anti-aliasing and translucency!)
- Hardware accelarated graphics (uses OpenGL)
- Stereo panning sound support
- Advanced music engine (supports MP3 and many tracker music formats including MOD, MAD, MIDI, SoundTracker and OctaMed)
- TCP/IP and AppleTalk game networking - play your friends over the internet!
- Build standalone games which don't need TNT Basic to run
- Load and save hi-scores and saved games
- Automatic joystick, mouse, keyboard and speech input support
- Integrated development environment, manage everything from code to music from one application!
- Syntax colouring, your code is coloured automatically to make it easier to read
- Integrated help, just highlight a command in your code and hit cmd-? to find out more about it
- Mac OS X compatible
Feedback can also be posted to the TNT Basic feedback forum.
We're trying to kickstart a more open discussion there, where we can discuss requested features and allow the users to influence TNT Basic's development.
What's new in this version:
- Now selects highest scan rate res when 2 reses with the same dimensions are found
- Improved debug logging to the "Consoles" folder inside your "Preferences" folder
- Added 'left str' 'right str' and 'mid str' string accessor commands
- Fixed crashing bug when unpausing TNT Basic on Mac OS X
- Fixed 'Set Sound Volume' which had never worked
- Fixed 'Disable Break' which had never worked on OS X
- Errors while starti... See all new features »