CNET Editors' review
SystemLoad for Mac helps you diagnose cooling and power supply issues before they become major problems. Straightforward and streamlined, this app is not limited to tech experts but can be installed by any Mac user who wants to test out his or her processor.
SystemLoad for Mac installs quickly and greets you with a straightforward interface that allows you to easily generate additional processor load by using a drop-down box and a slider. You can choose how many processors to diagnose, as well as how much of a load to give them. Also, you can put a constant load on processors or play with the voltage supply circuits. Once the app is up and running, you must launch the activity monitor in OS X to view a graph with each processor load and test cooling and power supply viability. If you're not sure how to interpret the data, the Help section accessible through the app menu will no doubt come in handy.
A capable processor diagnosis tool, SystemLoad for Mac is useful if you want to check the performance of your processor and ensure that the cooling fan does its job. The app is easy to use and stable, making it a good choice for any Mac user.
SystemLoad is a diagnostic application assisting you in the detection of cooling or power supply problems with Apple Macintosh computers. The tool can put a user-definable load onto one or more processors. This can help in diagnosing the following issues:
- problems with the cooling system or temperature sensors
- problems with chirping noise experienced on some G5 systems and some portable computers
- problems with battery units of portable computers
When desired, the tool can put the processor(s) under the maximum load possible, generating the highest possible temperatures and highest load on the power supply. You so can verify if all components (CPUs, sensors, cooling subsystem, power supply unit, battery unit) are working correctly when they are pushed to their design limits. No installation is required, no administrator permissions are needed, nothing is changed in the operating system.
What's new in this version:
- Minor changes to ensure compliance with the latest OS X software design guidelines.
- The reference manual uses a new design.
More Products to Consider
- Read out accessible hardware sensors.
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Switch CPU performance setting by a single mouse click.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- View & edit nearly all aspects of OS X preferences database.
- Screen capture utility.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Make pseudo copies of files and folders;. a pseudo file is an e...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- System information spigot.
- Remove malware from your Mac.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Auto open & quit apps with others.
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works as advertised"
Version: SystemLoad 1.3
It is a one of a kind application (I believe)
no "cons" come to mind.
I think that if you are going to use this, you really will do very well to have "Temperature Monitor" installed.