SyncUp is a simple utility for performing (synchronizing) backups of multiple folders and files (desktop folder, calendars folder, ...) to a backup folder (on your ipod, firewire harddrive...). SyncUp also includes a "restore" function to restore the saved state of your folders with just one click.
To accomplish this task SyncUp serves as a GUI for rsyncx (http://www.macosxlabs.org/rsyncx/rsyncx.html).
What's new in this version:
- complete cocoa rewrite
- improved performance and reliability
- folder presets for mail, safari...
- sources can temporarily be disabled
- support for source files (not only folders)
- status report during backup
- complete error reporting to console.log