Sync Buddy is a backup and install management tool for Mac OS users with Palm OS® handhelds (all models from Palm, IBM, HandSpring, TRG/Handera and others). Its main goal is to provide for live browsing, backup, install and on-the-fly conversion of PalmOS® databases. Sync Buddy is not a replacement for the desktop software. Basic synchronization (address book, memo, etc) is still done through your preferred desktop software. You can (and should) still use your desktop software (like Now Synchronize or other...). Sync Buddy was formerly called Palm Buddy. Using Sync Buddy provides the following benefits:
- Easy backup management. Simply use drag-and-drop or the Full Backup command to back up all of your Palm handheld's databases, including the databases for the built-in applications. Offers incremental backups and mirroring options!
- Automatic hierarchization both when browsing the Palm handheld contents and when doing a backup. All databases coming with an application are stored in a specific folder carrying the application name
- Easy install. Just drop Palm databases and application in the handheld window to install them without running HotSync
- On the fly conversion. Plug-ins allow for on-the-fly file conversion. The software ships with an AportisDoc plug-in that automatically converts text or text files dropped in the handheld window to AportisDoc databases and sends them to the Palm handheld. Plug-ins for JFile, MobileDB and HandBase databases are also provided
- Easy toggle of backup bits. Double-click any database in the handheld window to change its backup bit
- Compatible with USB, Infrared and Serial. Sync Buddy now supports USB connections, as well as Infrared and Serial connections!
What's new in this version:
- Added support for expansion cards. The main view is now tabbed, with the Built-In Memory tab being always available. Expansion card(s) plugged into the device appear in additional tabs, and you can do drag-and-drop backups and installs on these cards.
- Added a battery level indicator on the PDA.
- Fixed bugs in the transfer protocol, resulting in more reliable t... See all new features »