From Florent Pillet:
Sync Buddy is a backup and install management tool for Mac OS users with Palm OS® handhelds (all models from Palm, IBM, HandSpring, TRG/Handera and others). Its main goal is to provide for live browsing, backup, install and on-the-fly conversion of PalmOS® databases. Sync Buddy is not a replacement for the desktop software. Basic synchronization (address book, memo, etc) is still done through your preferred desktop software. You can (and should) still use your desktop software (like Now Synchronize or other...). Sync Buddy was formerly called Palm Buddy. Using Sync Buddy provides the following benefits:
- Easy backup management. Simply use drag-and-drop or the Full Backup command to back up all of your Palm handheld's databases, including the databases for the built-in applications. Offers incremental backups and mirroring options!
- Automatic hierarchization both when browsing the Palm handheld contents and when doing a backup. All databases coming with an application are stored in a specific folder carrying the application name
- Easy install. Just drop Palm databases and application in the handheld window to install them without running HotSync
- On the fly conversion. Plug-ins allow for on-the-fly file conversion. The software ships with an AportisDoc plug-in that automatically converts text or text files dropped in the handheld window to AportisDoc databases and sends them to the Palm handheld. Plug-ins for JFile, MobileDB and HandBase databases are also provided
- Easy toggle of backup bits. Double-click any database in the handheld window to change its backup bit
- Compatible with USB, Infrared and Serial. Sync Buddy now supports USB connections, as well as Infrared and Serial connections!
What's new in this version:
- Added support for expansion cards. The main view is now tabbed, with the Built-In Memory tab being always available. Expansion card(s) plugged into the device appear in additional tabs, and you can do drag-and-drop backups and installs on these cards.
- Added a battery level indicator on the PDA.
- Fixed bugs in the transfer protocol, resulting in more reliable t... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Incorporate images and formatted text into your daily diary.
- Manage your mobile phone through a PC.
- Forwards notifications from Growl-enabled apps to Notification ...
- Open over 100 different file extensions including DOCX, PPTX an...
- Simple spell check for any app.
- Bandwidth performance measurement app for wired networks.
- Organize your schedule and provide reminders of upcoming events...
- Gnutella client with intuitive CL & Web interfaces.
- Eliminate your credit card debt and consumer loans using popula...
- Modifies Safari search to use Yahoo!.
- Finds serial ports & communicate.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content