CNET Editors' review
Mac users are constantly trying to find ways to operate their systems using the least number of keystrokes or clicks. Sunlight for Mac does allow a different method for showing and hiding windows, but ultimately saves few steps and will not appeal to most users.
After a quick download, the installation of Sunlight for Mac took place quickly, despite the atypical location for the installer program. Technical support and user instruction were both unavailable. Despite the simple nature of the program, the lack of tutorial requires the user to play with the interface to learn how to use it, which is a disappointment. The basic menu has three unlabeled icons. The icons are a full sun, partial sun, and moon. After playing with each button, clicking the sun brings up the application's window. The partial sun and moon are for showing and hiding windows, respectively. No matter the number of windows, clicking the moon button minimizes them and makes them disappear from the dock area. The partial sun button brings them back. Despite having no other purpose, the program does work well, although most users will likely find it saves no real time over the traditional method for closing and minimizing windows.
While functional, Sunlight for Mac fails to provide enough efficiency gains to recommend its use to most Mac owners.
Sunlight is a simple, yet revolutionary way to manage windows on OS X using system wide commands. Sunlight gives you rebind-able controls to control your Mac. View multiple documents side by side, a document and a web page, move windows between displays, or just about anything you can imagine.
What's new in this version:
- Manage windows with rebind-able commands!
More Products to Consider
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Screen capture utility.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Simple way to quickly manage tasks and resource usage on your M...
- Comprehensive editing app for the TC D2 Delay.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Data recovery software.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Recover your lost data.
- 3D triangle mesh modeling for compact efficient objects.
- Perform maintenance and other tasks on your Mac.
- Convert your videos simple and easy.
- Disk Speed Test is an easy to use tool to quickly measure and c...
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Sunlight 2.1
free and small footprint.
All I have gotten from the installation Pkg. is, "The Installation Failed."
"Very good Aoo"
Version: Sunlight 2.0
Dose what it says it will
Design not as good as could be.
Very good for the price.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content