CNET Editors' review
When you need your files to be accessible wherever you go, there is no better option than using a cloud service. SugarSync File Manager for Mac helps you sync and store your files online so you can retrieve and use them at a later time. With this application you can access your files on the go on any device.
If you've ever used Dropbox, then you'll be familiar with how this app works. SugarSync File Manager for Mac offers a free service that allows you to store and sync up to 5GB of data on their servers. There are subscription options for those who require more storage space, too. Once the installation completes, a pop-up will come up to explain how to use the app and the SugarSync service. This app has a modern design. The interface is very intuitive and navigating through the app is a breeze. A simple drag and drop is all you need to sync your files onto the SugarSync servers. There is also a history tab, so you can keep track of all your activity. The installation can take a while, though, as you'll need to sign up for an account before you can begin using the SugarSync service.
If you wish to always have your files at hand, uploading and syncing them with SugarSync File Manager for Mac could be the right solution. There's no need to carry around USB sticks that might get lost or forgotten when you can utilize the power of cloud services.
SugarSync enables mobile consumers and professionals to backup, sync, access and share all their files on-the-go, instantly and securely from any Mac, PC, or mobile device (including iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian and Windows Mobile devices). SugarSync users can sync music, photos, movies and other files in ANY folder and access and share those files via the cloud, providing a Cloud service that matches the way people currently organize their folders and manage their digital lives. SugarSync's file sharing and collaboration tools also allow users to share any folder or file with a simple URL via social networks, email, instant messaging and more.
More Products to Consider
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Get a cloud-based drive which you can use to manage and share f...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Service to backup your data online.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Backup, share and sync your files online.
- Back up your data to online server and access it anywhere from ...
- Keyboard-based app launcher and search tool.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Clean, optimize and speed up your Mac.
- Recognize your current input source with a color bar at the top...
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Remember everything: easily store info in any environment.
- Keep sleep and screensavers from distracting your machine.
- Sketchpad for sharing visual ideas.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Manage .DS_Store files, resource forks, trash, etc.
- Uninstall utility that uses the Levenshtein Distance algorithm ...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Preserve email, web pages, pictures, documents and your privacy...
- Protect your data by restricting access to files and folders.
All versions:3.7 stars
out of 19 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"favorite sync software"
Version: SugarSync File Manager 2.0.19
Can sync individual folders! It's well organized too. It handles conflicts well, such as two computers updating the same file and then uploading it. Solid mobile apps for Kindle Fire, iPhone, and Android. It keeps a backup of the 5 most recent versions of all of your files too. I've never lost any data through SugarSync.
Sometimes it can get hung up on trying to sync a few files because it thinks they are currently being used or something.