CNET Editors' review
Sudoku is an addictive number puzzle that challenges users to fill in the missing numbers based on the numbers that are present; each of nine grids must contain the numbers one through nine once, as must each row and column of the playing board. The premise is simple, but the game can be quite a challenge. Sudoku Portable is a lightweight version of this popular puzzle that's made to be used on USB drives and other portable devices (although it works just fine installed on a PC). It's not fancy, but it does deliver the fun--and frustration--of traditional sudoku.
Installing Sudoku Portable is easy, although users will have to specify the installation location. The program's interface is plain, with the numbers arranged on a gray grid board. Entering numbers is as easy as clicking in the appropriate square and entering the desired number on the keyboard. When the puzzle is completed correctly, the board turns green. Users can check their work at any point during the game, and incorrect numbers will be highlighted in yellow. The game can also automatically solve the puzzle if you get stuck. There are four levels of difficulty, ranging from easy to impossible. A built-in Help file is brief, but does a good job of explaining gameplay. Overall, Sudoku Portable didn't wow us with its features, but it was is an enjoyable, lightweight rendition of this popular game.
Sudoku Portable is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this game to all users.
Sudoku Portable is the entertaining and addictive Sudoku puzzle game packaged as a portable app, so you can play on the go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Clear you screen of dangerous mines with this portable game.
- Read PDF files with this lightweight PDF viewer.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Take your Mozilla Sunbird calendar on the go.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Take your antivirus with you to scan files on the go.
- Discover hidden passages for treasures swapping colorful gems.
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Surf the Web, check e-mail, write documents, and IM from your p...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play Sudoku puzzles using colors.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Manage your daily activities by putting virtual reminders on de...
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Basically very good..."
Version: Sudoku Portable 184.108.40.206
Very simple, very basic and very enjoyable Sudoku program.
The simplicity of this program makes the puzzle all the more enjoyable.
Ideal for any fellow Sudoku nuts such as myself.
The graphics are very primitive, but I don't really regard that as a con.
But I do have to write something in the Cons panel, so this is it.
Such a basic design for this Sudoku game makes it a very good app.
When I play Sudoku, I don't care about graphics and special effects, and they actually do get in the way by acting as distractions.
I have a sensory processing disorder, so minimising distractions in a game of Sudoku is a superb idea.
"A nice game"
Version: Sudoku Portable 220.127.116.11
Easy to install and play. There are 4 difficulty levels, so one can choose whatever one wishes
Didn't find any cons yet