CNET Editors' review
Sudoku Game from MicroTools4U is freeware that lets you tackle Sudoku puzzles from a widely customizable interface. It includes ready-made puzzles but can also generate new ones. It also has full undo-redo, two sets of candidates, and multiplayer statistics.
Sudoku Game opens with an attractive wood-grain background and a basic game layout, with a timer and player, game, and other data to the right. When you first run Sudoku Game, a wizard walks you through the steps of setting up the program, overseen by what appears to be a California Raisin mascot. You start by creating a Player (that's you). Right-clicking calls up the game's context menu, which let us change the interface language; customize the look and color of the interface, cells, and other features; and set how the program behaves. The Backs feature actually changes the program's skin, with lots of colors and textures available (we liked Marble and Galaxy). Clicking App Settings or pressing F4 opens an easy wizard for configuring just about any aspect of the program. You can configure the Sound Effects, too, or turn them off. Clicking F1 opens a handy Quick Help feature that explains all you need to know about Sudoku Game, including how to work a Sudoku puzzle. Sudoku Game has many hotkey combos that really speed up play when you get familiar with them, such as Ctrl + N to generate a new game. Templates make repeating games easy, or you can use Sudoku Game's many customizable options to create new variations.
We assume that most users who download Sudoku Game already know how to work a Sudoku puzzle, of course, though it's nice that beginners can use Sudoku Game, too. Experienced users can jump right in. A series of buttons make quick work marking, moving, and counting items, undoing or redoing moves, or increasing or decreasing pixels. A check box lets you display or remove seconds from the counter, which is great if the scrolling digits make you feel pressured. Sudoku Game is all about having it your way. With so many options, customizing can take time, but the results are worth it.
Classic Sudoku game with three layouts, colorful, customizable, and localizable. It contains prepared games and can generate new game, has full undo-redo, two sets for proposed digits (candidates) and will keep statistics for played by players games. It can print out several games or only one game and save or copy to clipboard it as image.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.11: copy current digits as image to clipboard. Corrected in AppSettings.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Needlessly Complex Design"
Version: Sudoku Game 18.104.22.168
There is a Sudoku game at some point, I'm assuming.
Wood-like backdrop? If you like that sort of thing. A simple standard UI layout would have been fine with me.
Needlessly complex, I don't need a password protected username. I don't need a username at all.
I just wanted a quick game of Sudoku, this was not it.Bottom Line: A game of Suduko should be like playing Solitaire or Minesweeper, this was not.
Updated on Nov 7, 2012
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content