CNET Editors' review
Sudoku Game from MicroTools4U is freeware that lets you tackle Sudoku puzzles from a widely customizable interface. It includes ready-made puzzles but can also generate new ones. It also has full undo-redo, two sets of candidates, and multiplayer statistics.
Sudoku Game opens with an attractive wood-grain background and a basic game layout, with a timer and player, game, and other data to the right. When you first run Sudoku Game, a wizard walks you through the steps of setting up the program, overseen by what appears to be a California Raisin mascot. You start by creating a Player (that's you). Right-clicking calls up the game's context menu, which let us change the interface language; customize the look and color of the interface, cells, and other features; and set how the program behaves. The Backs feature actually changes the program's skin, with lots of colors and textures available (we liked Marble and Galaxy). Clicking App Settings or pressing F4 opens an easy wizard for configuring just about any aspect of the program. You can configure the Sound Effects, too, or turn them off. Clicking F1 opens a handy Quick Help feature that explains all you need to know about Sudoku Game, including how to work a Sudoku puzzle. Sudoku Game has many hotkey combos that really speed up play when you get familiar with them, such as Ctrl + N to generate a new game. Templates make repeating games easy, or you can use Sudoku Game's many customizable options to create new variations.
We assume that most users who download Sudoku Game already know how to work a Sudoku puzzle, of course, though it's nice that beginners can use Sudoku Game, too. Experienced users can jump right in. A series of buttons make quick work marking, moving, and counting items, undoing or redoing moves, or increasing or decreasing pixels. A check box lets you display or remove seconds from the counter, which is great if the scrolling digits make you feel pressured. Sudoku Game is all about having it your way. With so many options, customizing can take time, but the results are worth it.
Classic Sudoku game with three layouts, colorfull, customizable, and localizable. It contains prepared games and can generate new game, has full undo-redo, two sets for proposed digits (candidates) and will keep statistics for played by players games.
What's new in this version: Version 220.127.116.11: reviewed for dialog fonts.
More Products to Consider
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe with this skin pack.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Update the look and feel of GTA 3 with this add-on.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Add social media applications in your game with ease.
- Modify your computer's settings to increase your gaming perform...
- Improve your PC and Internet speed performance.
- Play a 3D tank shooting game.
- Advance an entire civilization in this strategy game.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Perfect for the Old, Boring for the Young"
Version: Sudoku Game 18.104.22.168
+An addicting game for those that cannot used a computer properly.
+AI Moves that is no smarter than a human being making you feel Good.
+Reminds you to buy the Full Version of the game when you are concentrating at the Game hardly.
+No Regular updates = no challenge.
+No soothing music to bare with this agonizing game play.
Sudoko in Japanese means "Pain". In short, it was "A Pain in the arse"
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content