CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
As seen in Apples "Love" iPad 2 TV Commercial.StompBox is an application that turns your iPad into a fully fledged digital effects unit, complete with chromatic guitar tuner, metronome and loop recording tools. StompBox allows you to build a rack of effects in any order and then save your settings as patches that can be recalled at the press of a button. With StompBox you get the best of both worlds, a rack of professional sounding stereo effects (with far more control than simple foot pedals) and a foot controller to access a tuner and all your patches. Simply listen through a pair of headphones, or attach to an external amplifier or hifi to truly experience the program in all its glory! StompBox uses stereo routing between effects, which results in a very professional sounding experience.In order to use StompBox you need a way of connecting your guitar. The simplest way to accomplish this is to use an iRig or AmpKit Link adaptor (sold separately), but if you have a camera kit you may be able to use an inexpensive USB sound card.StompBox comprises 17 unique effect modules such as delay, reverb, flanger, phaser, chorus, pitch shifter, tremelo etc. We have also included a noise gate, compressor, parametric and graphic equalizers so that you can create many unique and interesting tones. There are 7 types of distortion effect available (from overdrive, to fuzz to full out classic distortion) as well as custom amplifier EQ's, so plenty of scope for all types of music!Once you have built up a library of patches, you can use the virtual foot controller to quickly and easily move between patches. The Virtual Foot controller gives instant access to all patch parameters and amp settings, with the ability to enable and disable individual effects at the touch of a button. If you want to modify an effect parameter, simply scroll the effect rack into view and make your changes. The foot controller has a virtual whammy bar which can be controlled using the touch screen or optionally using the accelerometer. A tap tempo button is also available to synchronize all time based effects.Includes a Metronome which you can use for practicing or alternatively you can load your favorite MP3s into the Media Player and play along. The Media Player even has the ability to slow down the music without effecting pitch so you can play along at your own pace. You can even loop a particular part of a song so it plays over and over again!Also features a 4 track loop recorder. This allows you to record your own backing track which can also be looped, just like the Media Player. You can record up to 4 non-destructive overdubs and even save a mixdown for posterity! As most guitarists will know the choice of Guitar Amp is very much a personal choice. If you are playing accoustic or semi-accoustic then you will more than likely opt for an accoustic amp as the sound is less harsh (as they are not EQ'd to death). Many guitar applications use a form of Amp Modelling which in most cases is just fancy form of EQ. This is great for electric guitars, but not so good for accoustic. StompBox allows various amp EQ's both via the PreAmp and additional effects, but the important thing for accoutic guitar users is that these EQ's can be completely bypassed. This is where StompBox really shines, giving a faithful reproduction of accoustic instruments. This also means StompBox can be used on keyboards too.Features17 Unique Effects7 Types of Distortion EffectChain upto 12 Simultaneous EffectsMedia Player with Time Stretching4 Track Loop RecorderMetronomeChromatic TunerStereo RoutingSave 12 banks of 6 patchesVirtual Foot ControllerVirtual Whammy PedalTap TempoBuilt In FTPComprehensive HelpEffect Synchronization with MetronomeUSB Camera Kit SupportediRig Compatible3 Unique SkinsBass Guitar CompatibleIf you have any questions or issues you can contact us on http://www.4pockets.com/support/
What's new in this version: StompBox can now be used as an AudioBus Input as well as an Effect.Fixed a bug which caused buzzing in Loopy HD when using the AudioBus Microphone input.
More Products to Consider
- Watch and record online TV Channels and listen to radio station...
- Understand your life events through astrology.
- Create, play, and print tablature scores.
- Play virtual piano with your computer's keyboard.
- Provide on-screen piano, synthesizer and MIDI controller for yo...
- Download and convert videos from any Web site.
- Play this guitar with your computer keyboard.
- Get professional statistics reporting for your cricket club, te...
- View thousands of online TV shows, streaming channels, videos, ...
- Manage leagues of various kinds of sports.
- Convert FLV files into popular video and audio formats, and vic...
- Create and check your personal lottery number selections.
- Improve your music skills by playing songs while staying in tun...
- Download free music directly from your desktop.
- Make your Fantasy Football draft feel like a simulated NFL draf...
- Download video from YouTube fast and easily.
- Provide multiple multimedia solutions bundled in one mainframe.
- Tune up acoustic and electric guitars.
- Schedule your sports league games.
- Find and play Internet video.
- Organize any kind of social or company golf tournament from reg...
- Get a daily horoscope and zodiac advice.
- Watch DStv Mobile's or GOtv Mobile's DVB-H mobile television br...
- Learn the bases of music theory.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content