CNET Editors' reviewAlmost but not quite like the real thing, Sticky Notes does a decent job of bringing the Post-it Note to the Windows desktop. Notes are resizable and can be hidden or revealed with a hot key. You can change a note s color and assign it an alarm and a voice message up to two minutes long. However, numerous flaws intrude. First, the notes are not really sticky. They disappear from the desktop whenever the program is running in the background. To see them, you need to click the program icon in the system tray. Also, it s not possible to set recurring alarms. And while the program doesn t hog system resources, it crashed on one of our test systems each time we tried to use the alarm feature. The notes themselves are flat, colored squares, which would have looked more attractive with beveling. Sticky Notes is a passable reminder utility, but not up to the level of the best freeware programs.
From Think.Art Computing:
Sticky Notes is a handy program for any version of Windows that lets you stick notes to your screen and send them to others. Use them for reminders, for messages, for telephone notes, to-do lists, Web and e-mail addresses, office memos, or anything else that occurs to you. The built-in Voice Recorder lets you record and store voice message for each note that you can play back at any time. You can change the color and size of your notes at will, set them to ring an alarm at a given time, lock them to protect their contents, and temporarily move them off the screen by hiding them. Version 2.1.3 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark websites, send/receive notes, se...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in MS Word and...
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Store and organize all your important data with reminders and s...
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Send telephone messages to other Outlook users.
- Create and stick notes with alerts on your desktop.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Use a user-friendly interface for the Stash command-line applic...
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Create highly customizable sticky notes and reminders on your d...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Receive short messages on your mobile phone with e-mail support...
- Send reminders as SMS/text messages and emails.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Make your receptionist's job easier with this program.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Use this electronic phone message pad to save paper and paranoi...
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Record contact information and personal details.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
- Extract all contact information (name, address, phone) from Out...