Splunk is fully featured, powerful platform that collects and indexes any machine data from virtually any source in real time. Search, monitor, analyze and visualize your data to gain new visibility, insight and intelligence. Index everything for deep visibility, forensics and troubleshooting. Work smarter as you and your team share searches and add knowledge specific to your organization. Create ad hoc reports to identify trends or prove compliance controls. Create interactive dashboards to monitor for security incidents, service levels and other KPIs and make more sense of the huge volumes of data at your disposal for the needs of different users. Analyze user transactions, customer behavior, machine behavior, security threats, and fraudulent activity, all in real time.
What's new in this version: Version 6.0 includes new home screen, enhanced search experience, and adds data model.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Get notified when your servers and PCs stop working.
- Forward data between serial ports and establish communication.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Take Google's Chrome browser with you on a USB stick.
- Monitor and display information associated with each running pr...
- Add a Web browser plug-in for accessing rich interactive applic...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Monitor, report, and alert on the availability and performance ...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhon...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Query and control remote servers or other connected network dev...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Detect and analyze tcp/udp package.
- Count the total bytes received, sent, and bytes sent+received t...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Manage and monitor product stock quantity and movement.
- Set up a coin operated internet cafe kiosk PC-game timer.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"More than just a log correlation"
Version: Splunk 5.0.2
Quick to install
No databases - don't constantly have to build bridges
Saving me loads of time
Price - it's cheap if you can find more than one way to use it, but if not it's kind of expensive - but it works better than many of my other tools added together so it's justifiable
They have a free version that's great, so everyone should try it. It can be a little technical so definitely read the docs and go to their blogs for good fast answers. It's become our go-to tool for finding and fixing problems. We are moving it to security use now. Worth the time and effort.
"The best by far"
Version: Splunk 4.0.10
There is so much you can do with the product
It is totally free to index up 500MB per 24 hour period. Way more than any home or small business uses. I use it at home and my company uses it to manage their massive datacenters around the worldTotally free to index up to 500MB per 24 hour period. I have been using the freen version for years at home and have never come close to reaching the limit. I have 2 servers andf 10pcs 3 xbox plus ipod, iphones, ipads and more on my home network
Updated on Nov 4, 2012
"The Best Logging Server bar none...(Linux Version)"
Version: Splunk 4.0.10
Easy to install
Easy to use
Accepts everything from hand written script logs, to load F5 balancers, Cisco routers & switches, OS Logs and alerts.
Easy on the Resources
none that I am aware of
Best of the log servers examined as "Director of Network Operations" and 20+ years of building data centers and large scale networks you come to realize that centralized log management is a key to a smoothly operating and successful network operations department.
This product beat both commercial and open source solutions. This review is for the Linux Server version in 2008 which was fully tested by us at the time.
Version: Splunk 4.0.10
This seems like a cool product, but it's a trick
The product advertises as free, but you download it, then you have to pay to use it -- LAME!!
Bait -n- switch -- classic!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content