CNET Editors' review
Although screensavers are no longer a necessity, many people still like to use them to customize their desktops. There's a screensaver for every taste, whether you like sports cars, nature, outer space, or slideshows utilizing your own images. And then there's Splendid Desktop Helper. We can't imagine that this train wreck of a program would appeal to anyone.
You'll want to pay close attention while installing Splendid Desktop Helper--should you, for some reason, choose to do so--because if you don't you'll also end up installing something called RebateRobot. Once we had the program installed, it asked us if we wanted to create a password to protect our computer. We opted to skip this step, not trusting Splendid Desktop Helper to be able to handle such a task. Next we were greeted with a neon green configuration screen, though it was not at all clear what exactly we were configuring. We were asked to select genres of images to include, such as "animal," "guy," "baby," and "sexy beauty." We could choose "Internet picture" or "local picture," though there didn't seem to be any way to navigate to a directory of images on our own machine. There were some pretty typical settings such as options to tile, center, or stretch images, and adjust the interval between image changes, but there were also fields for background movies and Flash files. We decided to skip these and try out Splendid Desktop Helper's basic features first, and that ended up being all we needed to see. We thought we were just getting a screensaver, but the program also turned out to be a desktop wallpaper changer. The images used in both the screensaver and on the wallpaper varied drastically, with professional-looking nature scenes being interspersed with amateur photos of children and strange-looking cartoons. To add insult to injury, we ended up having to use the task manager to shut the screensaver down. Overall, we do not recommend Splendid Desktop Helper at all; it's hard to configure, unstable, and has few redeeming qualities.
Splendid Desktop Helper is a powerful screen saver which supports many frequent operations, including password protection, floating multicolor bubbles, undersea aquarium flash, background music, alarm clock, wallpaper switch, one key to screensaver, auto download internet wallpaper. Basically, it supports various picture types, like .SWF, GIF, PNG, JPEG. You can add your favorite pictures to the "pictures" folder (which includes "Local images" and "Internet images" sub directories. screensavers are much more than just an easy way to protect your computer desktop when you're not using it. Screensavers have evolved in a manner that they comprise videos, music, even flash animations, leaving pictures as an old testament of their origins. You can select to add your own images to the screensaver or even automatically add images from the Internet.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.
- Monitor your processor temperature via a graph at the bottom of...
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Save and restore your desktop icon positions.
- Display custom messages and flash the Scroll or Num Lock lights...
- Desktop World Clock with world map. Unlimited number of clocks.
- Customize your Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 logon screen.
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Grab and save objects as they are copied to the Windows Clipboa...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Good program to do fine desktop with wallpaper"
Version: Splendid Desktop Helper 1.57
Thi programma allow to choose if wallpaper are download by internet or will take from our computer.
It changes every 2 or 3 minutes new wallpaper till we stop.
it's amazing that the program support fade in,fade out.and there are many hot girls and cute animal.and you really can set a simple password to protect your desktop from co-worker or family.
We can ripristinate our originary desktop al once
Very fine images.
I like it
No con at this time
I recommend this program to all users.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content