SpeedFan monitors voltages, fan speeds, and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. It can even access SMART information for hard disks that support this feature, and show hard-disk temperatures if that are supported. SpeedFan fully supports SCSI disks and can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature). At the lowest level, SpeedFan is a hardware monitor software that can access temperature sensors, but mainly it can control fan speeds (depending on the capabilities of your sensor chip and your hardware) according to the temperatures inside your PC, thus reducing noise and power consumption.
What's new in this version:
- Added full support for Nuvoton NCT6791D (including fan control)
- Improved external (USB) hard disk detection (some were not properly detected on Windows 8)
- Added a new method to access hard disks connected to 3ware RAID controllers (works on 64 bit systems too)
- Added support for Intel core temperature (Family 06h Model 3Ch)
- Added support for Intel core temperature (Family 06h Model 3Eh)
- Added support for AMD Family 15h temperature<... See all new features »