SpamWeed is a spam filter for Outlook, Outlook Express and all other POP3 email clients. It uses a combination of statistical classification, ID-Tracking and other state-of-the-art technologies to block spam and quarantine email viruses. SpamWeed has excellent spam detection rate and its learning filter further increases detection accuracy by analysis of user's correspondence. SpamWeed works as a proxy between your mail server and email clients and it delivers only good mail to your email box. SpamWeed report center displays statistics of both legitimate mail and spam mail received over time. SpamWeed also provides spam filtering plug-ins for Outlook and Outlook Express.
Version 2.9 rev.871 has spam filter engine completely rewritten to avoid known bugs and increase performance. Rewritten SpamWeed Filter Extension (SFX, dynamically upgradable filter algorithm module). Added POP3S (POP3 over SSL) support (e.g. gmail). And other improvements.
What's new in this version: 2.9 rev.871 For a list of new features and improvements, please read: http://update.spamweed.com/whatsnew.php
More Products to Consider
- Join live video chat rooms from all around the world.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Add a virtual webcam with various video effects to your video c...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Runs on the same host as Exchange, or on a separate host with a...
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Block spam and other junk mail using artificial intelligence.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Block spam, viruses, spyware and phishing attempts before they ...
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Block spam from your in-box and portable devices using language...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Tag spam messages with special header and filter them out in yo...
- Kill spam on your server and get the real e-mail to your inbox.
- Recover your email messages, contacts, tasks, and notes.
- Block e-mail spam, viruses, Tojans, and spyware.
- Extract e-mails from IncrediMail .imm files and save them to mu...
- Filter and delete unwanted junk e-mail messages on the server.
- Import .EML and .MSG files into MS Outlook preserving folder st...
- Protect yourslef from spam e-mails.
- Prevent spam from reaching your Outlook and Outlook Express in-...
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Get full control over incoming e-mails and filter out spam.
All versions:3.8 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
Version: SpamWeed Anti-Spam Filter 2.6 rev.423
"highly accurate and easy to use"
Version: SpamWeed Anti-Spam Filter 2.5 rev290
Highly accurate and sensitive to training. It had 100% stopped my spam after about one weeks training! In all products I have tried, this one is by far the most accurate one, much better than other "bayesian" filters.
It is also an "install-and-forget" product. After a few days training, you can barely notice its existence.
The only problem I had is that it is initially very "strict" and blocked amost all of my mailing list subscriptions. That does not happen after I put all these mail address into the "allow list" of SpamWeed.
It is a great program you should try out, but make sure you train it well for a few days.
"Initial Install OK, but Next Day Locked up My Computer"
Version: SpamWeed Anti-Spam Filter 2.4
I would have liked to give this program a good rating and was almost ready to, but but...See the Cons below.
Good idea, easy to use interface. Once installed, Spamweed sets between your ISP and your email client and scans the email before you receive it. Any email that looks "bad" to it is held in its queue, and it tracks the email that it passes one temporarily. You can "teach" it what is bad and good to you by taking email out of its hold queue and releasing it to your email client, or by taking good email that it has passed and moving it to the hold queue. When this is done, the program then adjusts its filtering to your desires.
I use Incredimail as my email client for both myself and my wife, and the program installed readily and connected to Incredimail and my ISP with no problems
On the second day of use, Spamweed locked up my computer by putting the CPU usage to 99% or more (I run Win XP Pro). Spamweed loads at startup and, for some reason, was trying to connect to the ISP (as far as I can tell) and couldn't. Instead of exiting gracefully, it looked like it looped and ate up the CPU. Once I removed it from the startup menu (not an easy task when CPU usage is 99%), everything returned to normal. However, when I started it manually, the CPU usage pegged again, so after some more work, I uninstalled it completely
Good luck with it if you try to use.