Unfortunately, you are not alone. Alien enemies bent on galactic conquest will oppose your expansion. You fight them by developing new technologies and expanding your empire, or you can ally with them to turn enemies into friends.
Terraform newly discovered worlds or mine their natural resources. Maneuver your starship fleets, both in defense of your own systems and in offensive strikes against the evil aliens. Your strategic decisions will determine the fate of the galaxy.
It's incredibly fun to play alone against the excellent computer players, and even better with other humans on the internet.
Spaceward Ho! has won numerous awards over the years, including being inducted into the MacWorld Game Hall of Fame and winning Best Network Game of the year.
What's new in this version:
- Fix crash clicking on close box in lobby window.
- Sort gravity in explored stars by relative value to player (not ascending).
- Address some issues with client/server sync issues (which *may* have lead to crashes).
- By default, sort games by newest to oldest in games browser.
- Start network games giving players bonus time.
- Fix startup window and new local game coming up at the same time bug.
- Supernovas take about twice as long to blow now and may not.
- Fix bug wher... See all new features »