CNET Editors' note: The Download Now link will download a small installer file to your desktop. Remain online and double-click the installer to proceed with the actual download (1205MB MB).
Choose your race, develop your skill set and shape your own destiny by becoming a Space ranger, scavenger, merchant or pirate. Help destroy the dominators and cleanse the universe.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Progress your ship's weaponry and become a galactic superpower.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- View a relaxing 3D screensaver of the outer space on your deskt...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Choose a career of bounty hunter, pirate, or trader in a sci-fi...
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Explore outer space with this planetary theme screensaver.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Create realistic galaxies for your own space-themed work.
- Battle and explore your way through the Lego universe.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play a space-shooting arcade game.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Discover new life form and new galaxies.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Blast aliens to prevent their invasion of the Earth.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Travel across the globe to rescue treasures.
- Watch Solar System 3D model and get basic facts about each plan...
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators 1
This game is definitely the sleeper in the English speaking world. It's the rage in the Russian gaming community but the English translation was not promoted at all. Normally, I'm more of an RTS player, but this turn-based fighting, questing, trading game is wonderful! Plus, it has a lively forum with attentive moderators sponsored by the original developer, Elemental Games. The original developer crew, all Russian, is defunct now with the main ones forming Katauri Interactive. They released ver 2.0 of this game on Sep 7, 2007 and promise an English version of this game soon... hopefully before 2008! Log into elementalgames.com and select "forum" for more info. I am Pkhedock Bob on that forum and am just another player like you :-)
The demo is the English ver 1.3 and is fully playable. The later Russian patches and ver 2.0 really just make the game harder. So look for ver 2.0 after you've played the game a couple times.
Note that there is an RTS mini game included as part of the missions, as well as an arcade style shooter if you enter a black hole. There are many excellent reviews out there with more details on game play, but my advice is to download and play it! If you have any guestions, ask them on the EG forum.
The demo is huge... 1.2G. But it plays very well. It is time limited to 3 years of game time. However, your saved games will play on the full version if you download it. The original had Starforce copy protection so whatever you do, try to avoid that. I own a Staforce copy and have had no problems but others have. The download version has no Starforce... yay!