CNET Editors' review
Sound Forge Pro for Mac lets you remaster audio files using an elegant and streamlined interface. This premium app offers many ways of adjusting your audio tracks, such as setting waveform peak ranges, delays, distortions, filters, and more. It also supports adding multiple channels and removing noise, but it lacks software instruments, save for a rudimentary synthesizer.
Sound Forge Pro for Mac features a streamlined interface that follows Apple's aesthetics. There are three side panes, which can be hidden, as well as a toolbar with an LED display. The sound editing is done using an extensive plug-in system in which you load extensions and have them affect the track or a part of it. Some key attributes that can be adjusted are the equalizer, compressor delay, reverb, filter, distortions, peak ranges, and others. The app also features options for adding more channels, creating crossfades, loudness logs, noise reduction, automatic trimming, sound stretching, and more. A tool bundled with the software is Convrtr, which you can use for batch conversions of audio files.
If you need to fine-tune a track or make some minor edits, Sound Forge Pro for Mac will likely provide all the tools you need. And thanks to its plug-in foundation, the app's functionality can be easily enhanced by adding new extensions. The biggest drawback of the app is the lack of any decent software instruments.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Sound Forge Pro Mac 2.0.177.
From Sony Creative Software:
Built on a clean slate for OS X, Sound Forge Pro Mac provides a contemporary application environment that's perfect for recording, editing, processing, and rendering broadcast-quality audio master files. A fresh statement on audio editing software, Sound Forge Pro Mac includes a comprehensive suite of mastering, restoration, and repair tools for immediate results.
What's new in this version:
- Added support for reading and writing OGG files.
- Added automatic snapping to zero crossings (Options > Snapping > Zero Crossings).
- Fixed a bug that could cause the incorrect fade type to be selected when changing the fade type of overlapping events.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent very large project files (> 4 GB) from opening.
- Fixed a bug that caused Sound Forg... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Music notation with MIDI input & part extraction.
- Scheduling component for Radiologik DJ.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automated radio DJ assistant.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Create multilayer audio loops with adjustments and effects.
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Mix the music.
- Resizing and enlarge digital images.
- Record any sound playing through sound card, microphone, or bot...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Fast audio input / output switcher.
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Audio noise reduction removes hiss, clicks, hums, other noise.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Extend OS X's native file handling capabilities via third-party...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content