Sony virtual remote control is a total replacement for Sony Remote Keyboard, but it runs on Win XP too, and implements all the functions that a normal remote control supports. Moreover the missing Jump(previous channel) button on new Sony Remote controllers is also implemented. The program is tested on Sony 2011 Bravia TV line, but perhaps supports other Sony devices that implement IRCC over UPnP (wired or wireless connection and proper network setup required). The IRCC commands are fully configurable, and with the help of the program (right click context menu) you can query your device for supported commands. You can use the program with your mouse, but most of the commands are available on your keyboard too. (default layout is almost the same as Sony's remote keyboard).
For Sony Blue-Ray player owners (e.g. S580,S780): First you have to start registration mode on your player before starting the Sony Virtual Remote Control program for successful registration.
What's new in this version: Version 1.2
- 1. Added Automation/COM server so you can use Virtual Remote to send IRCC commands from scripts/other programs(e.g. XBMC).
- 2. Added autodetect and default command set options (Sony Bravia, Sony BD Player) to Command Setup dialog.
- 3. Admin mode demanding manifest is not compiled to the executable anymore but included as a separate file, so you can change it to a non-admin mode manifest file if you want.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Get access to multiple remote desktops simultaneously on your o...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Connect to game servers or match live reporting resources.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Stream your videos, music and photos over home network.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Access your desktop PC via any wireless device or computer.
- Automate your tasks on PC, mobile units and servers.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Share files, synchronize folders, and do remote desktop (VNC) s...
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- High definition screen sharing remote desktop application.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Type text with the 0-9 buttons of your remote control with this...
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Control your PC across the Internet by logging in from a PC or ...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Route, track, and resolve technical support issues effortlessly...
- Connect computers to the Web and access files and folders.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Perfect! Works like a charm!"
Version: Sony Virtual Remote Control 1.1.4
Looks like my Sony remote control
Works like my Sony remote control
Connects in less than a second
File is packed in a zip file. You need to know how to unzip a file.
This is what Sony should do (and let people download). Currently, you can only run the official Sony Media Remote for PC on a Sony Vaio PC :-(
This app runs perfectly on my Acer Aspire running Win8 letting me control my Sony Bravia KDL-22EX320.
This is the Sony remote control app you're looking for!
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content