Full user review
"Great Program! Minor Problems."
- Auto detects music, add ons to find album art and lyrics
- Easy to add music, crisp quality
- Can play videos.
- Plays many formats, except .flv
- Multiple Interface skins
- Lots of internet radio stations and pod-casts available
- Easy to use
- Has its own web browser ( a version of chrome or firefox)Lets you surf while listening to music/videos, and has addons like WOT, very great program
- About as much resource use as a web browser, may be slow if using portable version on a flash drive or anything other then on pc.
- Music recommendations
- Stores lyrics for later use
- Video quality is only ok
- Can not view images stores on Computer
- Add Videos Manually, not to much of a problem, drag n drop
- Some addons old, but still work fine
- recommendations are off
- Album art can be buggy/ not found
- Lyrics can not be found on old songs
Songbird is a Very great program, and you can use it for so many things. It's rich on features,and a minor majority of those are features I commonly use like Wot.It does have a great web browser which fits in with the program, works smoothly, and has the main features of a web browser, and then some. I like the artist/author recommendations. Usually this feature will find great recommendations though sometimes it find artist that are in different categories or their songs don't appeal to you, but Songbird has so far, ok about recommendations. Songbird has podcast support, internet radio support and online music stores-essentially, everything that I would hope for in such a program.
The other problem is that Songbird has seen multiple updates in the last times i have installed it on multiple devices.The addons are not updated that much anymore but the program is still good and the add ons and everything works great. Those addons and projects that aren't being updated.It's an annoyance to find just the add-on you want seeing it still works, but it is an old version and kindove an inconvenience.
The program once in a while takes about a minute to load, and if you manage it well it wont crash, unless you constantly turn it off and on and use the portable version then take out your flash drive. Its is very close to it's full potential, but i think that its fine with what it is.
My ending result: It may need some tweaks and to be updated, but overall it is a very great program, i have not tried the snycing with mobile devices so thats what other reviews are for right? I would donwnload this on all of my devices, though i only have laptops.