CNET Editors' review
Looking for a very simple standalone application that can help you resolve some intriguing mathematical operations such as differential equations and definite integrals? SolveDiffEq for Mac proves to be a very simple but useful app.
The program comes as freeware and takes no time to download, install, and get running. It does not take much space, as it is very small. Being very straightforward and without too many options, SolveDiffEq for Mac performs very well. The interface lacks looks, but this is to be expected as this type of program doesn't really require a richer interface. It is divided into three sections to help you perform your tasks more easily: the function array on the left with a compile button, the window to input the initial values and output indices in the center, and the output viewer on the right. The program does what it claims and it performs well. The help menu shows how to input a script defining the functions f(0), f(1) in order to solve differential equations or definite integrals with fast calculation.
SolveDiffEq for Mac seems to be a very simple application that can help those who need fast calculation of differential equations or definite integrals and do not care much about other features or a better-looking interface.
From Robert Delaney:
SolveDiffEq is a standalone application which allows you to numerically solve differential equations and evaluate definite integrals of your choosing. Using the Runge-Kutta method, SolveDiffEq can solve any number of coupled differential equations of the formdx(0)/dt = f(0)(t, x(0), x(1), . . . )
dx(1)/dt = f(1)(t, x(0), x(1), . . . )
The Help menu shows how to input a script defining the functions f(0), f(1), . . . so as to numerically solve differential equations of any order or to numerically evaluate any one variable definite integral. Your script is translated into machine language for fast calculation. The user has the option of programming the output to whatever is desired.
What's new in this version: Version 3.6 corrects a bug when "delta t" is a negative number.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- GNU S statistical computing and graphics.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Classic typing instruction software.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Calculate the usual transcendental functions, including the gam...
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- Analyze Earth satellite image data.
- Translate text between 64 international languages.
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Find the roots of a polynomial to any chosen accuracy.
- Administration of software projects.
- Convert EPUB to PDF with high quality.
- TeX previewer with supplemental TeXLive/teTeX distribution.
- Calculation & plotting for multiple expressions.
- Medical DICOM viewer/converter.
- Calculates tests of means, variances, correlations, proportions...
- Reports when & for how long any app was open.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Plot globally gridded netCDF datasets.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- Tracks income & expense simply.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content