CNET Editors' review
SoliLuxe features several versions of the popular card game solitaire. If you like to add a challenge to your game playing, you'll enjoy this program. The versions of the game included with SoliLuxe are a bit more complicated than regular solitaire. You can customize the look of the background and the cards and even add your own rules to the game.
SoliLuxe is attractively designed and easy to navigate. There are many different card deck designs to choose from, and you can also upload photos from your computer to make a custom deck. We've played computer solitaire, but we hadn't heard of the types of solitaire that SoliLuxe offers, such as "Batsford," "Spencer's Fairy Queen," and "Babette." We selected the first game from the list, "Batsford." The Info button opens instructions for uploading images into the program and other customizable options. Clicking the question mark icon in the program menu opens a brief explanation of the selected game's strategy; further instructions are in the Options menu, which is handy. Not only does it describe how to play each game, but also its difficulty. You can peruse all the games' descriptions and pick one that suits your level of challenge.
SoliLuxe is free, and it downloads, installs, and uninstalls with no problems. This is a creative and multifaceted approach to solitaire. Solitaire and card game lovers will enjoy this program.
SoliLuxe is a portable (based on Java) Solitaire game featuring 121 different solitaire versions, from the all-time favorites like Klondike, Freecell and Spider to big-layout historical games like Zodiac and Hemispheres. Also included are points-scoring games like Solitaire Poker and Bowling, and matching games like Memory (a.k.a. Concentration). Designed for modern-day computers, it sports a widescreen aspect ratio and a big card size. SoliLuxe is fully user-programmable -- make up your own games or add variations of the factory ones using a standard text editor and the included Solitaire Definition Guide. All graphics and sounds are stored in standard formats (jpeg and png for graphics, ogg and wav for sound) so you can easily change anything you like, and add your own card decks and backdrop graphics. The icing on the cake is a very efficient user interface that goes out of its way to keep out of your way when playing--letting you concentrate on the gameplay, with lots of ergonomic features to keep your mouse arm happy.
What's new in this version: Version 2.00 has a total of 121 games and numerous improvements. Registered users also get:
- Multiplayer and tournament functions
- Per-game theme settings
- Integrated MP3/OGG player
- Tool to create new backdrops in seconds from any image files.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Play 588 solitaire games with more than 80 card sets, 300 card ...
- Defeat evil Bowser and his army of small soldiers.
- Take a spin around three tracks with three car modes.
- Optimize your PC and boost your games by one click.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Fight for humanity against an alien onslaught.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
All versions:4.2 stars
out of 10 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content