CNET Editors' review
This top-rated trial for one of the most popular solitaire programs around continues to improve. The 2007 version of SolSuite Solitaire adds another three original games, in addition to improving the graphics and completely overhauling the already impressive Help system, which includes detailed information about each and every one of the 470 games (and counting) included in the suite. The excellent trial offers a free month of play (with three shuffles per game), and big solitaire fans will likely register before the 30 days are up.
The helpful interface lets you browse games grouped by type, time, difficulty, and skill level, or you can have the program choose a variation at random. SolSuite provides a glance at each game's rules, a difficulty rating, and a layout. Players can choose between different card sets and backgrounds, and they can even create their own solitaire games using the Rules Wizard.
Strategies, tips, and hints help beginners, and adepts will enjoy the robust statistics including graphs, 3D charts, tables, logs, and online high scores. You can always undo your moves and return to a good position. The suite supports multiple players, which is perfect for families and tournaments. A longtime editor and user favorite on CNET Download.com, SolSuite looks likely to further satisfy our solitaire cravings in 2007.
SolSuite Solitaire 2007 is a collection of 470 solitaire card games, featuring animated and custom cards, dozens of backgrounds, automatic play, high scores, sounds, and more. All of your favorite games are included, such as Spider, Klondike, FreeCell, Pyramid, Golf, Canfield, Forty Thieves, Flower Garden, and the original Solitaire. Its features include a create-a-new-card-set wizard, a multiplayer mode, and a tutor.
Version 7.2 includes new features to make SolSuite 2007 fully compatible with the MS's new operating system, Windows Vista (all editions). SolSuite now includes new sophisticated animations (called "Advanced") for dealing a card from the stock to the waste, turning tableau card face-up, showing the card path from a location to another in the layout. SolSuite includes a new card set in the new, larger card size: "Enfants". A beautiful card set with court cards of children dressed in royal finery. SolSuite's Help system has been improved with new features.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Play 425 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a free RPG indie game.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- 3d truck racing game.
- Create your own text adventures (interactive fiction).
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Play through a whole career of wrestling matches featuring a va...
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 1,061 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content