Smile is a data visualization and automation software for Mac OS X. Its plotting interface makes easier to plot data by importing files, specifying intermediate computations and access display settings, all in the same interface. You can also work by writing scripts which perform the data processing tasks and which make the data visualization graphs. Such scripts can be integrated to a custom interface or to an automatized workflow. In order to increase the audience of Smile, Satimage-software offers to students free temporary SmileLab licenses (valid until June's last day). We also provide time-limited free trial licenses, valid 2 months, on a one per e-mail address basis.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Calculate body mass index for women.
- Learn touch typing in Hindi and English.
- Calculate your BMI using a chart.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Calculate body mass index for men.
- Calculate body mass index for children.
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Bombs On 10.8.5"
Version: Smile 188.8.131.521
Great for Apple scripting on Mac, when it works. In many ways, when it works, it is preferable to Apple's bare AppleScript Editor. It also has lots of further functionality not available from just AppleScript.
Bombs on boot on OS X 10.8.5, consistently. It's still ye olde 32-bit. This version is not ready for prime time. I don't understand how or why it was let out of beta.
-- I'd appreciate other people testing this version to verify it bombing on 10.8.5.
The release notes for version 3.7.0 build 361 state:
"Smile 3.7.0 is for Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6.x) and higher.
Release notes for Smile 3.7.0 build 761
I cannot get it to do anything but bomb on OS X 10.8.5. I also note that it's still 32-bit.
Meanwhile, a clean install of older version 3.6.1 still runs on 10.8.5, albeit with complaints and bugs.
Also note that the correct developer's link is actually:
I sent in a report to CNET/VersionTracker about their bad link.
IOW: Version 3.7.0 is not ready for prime time from my consistent experience. Because I consider this still to be betaware, I am loathe to rate it. But seeing as I am forced to, I sadly have to give it 1 star. I hope this version's problems are sorted out as I'd like to see Smile continue on OS X. I have not tested this version of Smile on earlier versions of OS X.
I'd appreciate other people testing this version on OS X 10.8.5 to verify my results.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content