CNET Editors' review
SmarterTrack features a customer service tool complete with live chat and support ticket capability. The free version of the software is only useful if your company is very small since it supports only one help agent.
One of the more useful features of SmarterTrack seems to be its 24-hour access to a Knowledge Base forum where your customers can help themselves at any time of day or night. Your company can also choose to offer a live chat option. It is important to know that if you need the capability for even one more agent, you will pay almost $200. Five agents will cost $400. So if you are looking for a free solution as a larger company or a company built solely on customer support, this one-agent version probably won't be enough. In addition, you will need to already have a database installed on your system in order for this program to work. The two databases that work with the free version are MySQL and Microsoft Windows SQL Server. If you do not have one of these, you can download free versions. In addition to chat and forums, you can also provide e-mail support using this program. Support tickets are issued to clients needing help so that you can keep track of each problem as it occurs. The program allows businesses to access and manage employee communication from any device using a Web browser. As a nice addition, the software supports WHMCS, and can easily integrate with it via an open-source module.
It is clear that SmarterTrack suits more advanced intermediate and expert users who know how to deal with databases and servers. The free version supports only one agent, but it is a good way to familiarize yourself with SmarterTrack's capabilities.
SmarterTrack is a help desk application built for tracking, managing, and reporting on customer service and communications including sales and support issues. Businesses can manage employees and company communications at distributed locations around the world from a Web browser using a desktop, tablet or mobile device.
What's new in this version: Version 9.2.4926 has fixed some bugs.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Carry out your writing work while having access to multiple doc...
- Read and write data in different formats.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Manage and view reports designed using Microsoft reporting tech...
- Create invoices and delivery notes for various purposes.
- Get the documentation and tutorials for Microsoft SQL Server 20...
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Create invoices and delivery notes for various purposes.
- Scan any Windows module, and build a tree diagram of all depend...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Enable collaboration and offline scenarios for applications, se...
- Import transactions from an xls, xlsx, csv or tab delimited tex...
- Convert CSV, TXT or Excel files to OFX format and import into M...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Simplify migration, management, and deployment of IIS Web serve...
- Monitor your business metrics using gadgets on your desktop.
All versions:2.3 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
"Chat interface is awful; support is expensive."
Version: SmarterTrack 9.2.4898
The knowledge-base features and support-ticket features are good. They are designed in such a way that we often don't get nearly as many support questions, and were easy to customize for our uses.
Turning off the browser does not log an agent out. Only time does. So if an agent shuts down their computer, they are still logged in, and so are still available for chat.
I'm not kidding.
Your choices are to accept NO CHAT WHATSOEVER, after a certain time of day, regardless of whether people are still working - it's on a per-application, not per-agent basis - or to have clients languish in a queue that nobody will answer until the next morning. Seriously, if everyone shuts down their browser without explicitly logging out, your system will still accept chats forever...they'll just sit there in a never-ending queue.
Any actual support from SmarterTools you have to pay extra for, and so far, my results haven't been great. And this is after more than six months of use.
And these guys are selling *support* software.
There are other applications out there. A better bet might be to try one of the online services for KB/Tickets/Chat...at least you're not out a bunch of money at once...you have an option to switch, if it isn't working out.
Even though the ticket support and KB are good, I gave it a low star rating, because it's not the "complete" solution advertised. We're going to have to find a different chat engine, and then probably move everything AWAY from SmarterTrack, and just eat the cost of the software, because we need our chat and our tickets drawing from the same database.
Version: SmarterTrack 8.5.4703
Cost vs ZendaDesk but I guess you get what you pay for.
Terrible Software Support
We have been using the on-demand version for almost a year now. Their support has keep getting worst and worst. From Support System not being available to inability to SOLVE simple System Notification issue. We have missed our SLAs b/c of their poor technical support. And they are in SUPPORT SOFTWARE business. The ticket has been opened for 2 months now and we only bonce emails back and forth with stupid request from their support (Brian Ward).
If you company requires their SLA to be meet then I do not recommend to use them b/c if you run into issue their support will not help you.
Version: SmarterTrack 3
k.fe ÅŸlerkfÅŸler fÅŸÅŸerlkgÅŸer fg
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content