A newer version of SlickEdit is available.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.
Full user review
"FAST, Functional, Useful, Feature Rich"
I love SlickEdit. I have been using it for years. I originally got it for the brief emulation. Now, I use it at the core of my web development environtment. This is an source code editor, and build environment, not a WYSIWYG editor. Features included are to numerous to list, but a few of my favorites are:
1) super fast load time
2) tagging (support for autocomplete and java docs as you code)
3) built in FTP client
4) simple and intuitive look and feel.
5) truely multi-language multi-platform.
6) does not force u into its concept of an environment or deployment methodology. U set it up the way U want it to work.
Lagging tools like MyEclipse for support of things like:
1) lack built in struts config file generation.
2) lack of convenience utilities like generation of setters and getters for beans.
3) lack of SQL/Database browser and schema generator.