Skooby Renamer is a utility for renaming files and folders. It uses a Finder-style file browser for easy selection of files, and has many powerful options for formatting filenames and carrying out renaming operations.
Because it has its own file browser, Skooby Renamer can be used independently of the Finder. No need to drag files into the application for renaming - they're in there already.
Skooby Renamer now has a Widget! Skooby Renamer Widget gives you instant drag-and-drop renaming capability from the Finder or any other file-browsing application. (Widget included in downloaded disk image.)Features:
- Finder-style column browser with sidebar for easy file selection.
- Thumbnail viewer for easier browsing of images.
- Thumbnail export. Thumb viewer can export thumbs as jpg files, either using existing thumbnails or new ones created with the desired size and quality.
- Flexible and powerful New Name options, with name, number and datestamp elements.
- Options for altering existing filenames, including find/replace, trim, remove numbers, remove specified characters, change case, make Windows and/or UNIX compatible, plus many more.
- Quick-n-easy "Simple" renaming set, with only name and number settings.
- Pixel-size calculation for image files.
- Word-count calculation for text files.
- Rename MP3 files with ID3 tags
- Presets - create and save sets of renaming options which can be retrieved and applied at a stroke. Presets can also be used with the handy Skooby Renamer Widget.
- Optional receipt generation for each renaming operation (a receipt is a text file giving details of date, operation type, files renamed etc).
- File preview drawer gives full-size preview of file contents.
- File system search by filename, type, date.
- Four different types of rename operation - Rename; Copy & Rename; Move & Rename; Copy Rename & Move.
What's new in this version:
- Files and folders can be dragged from the Finder onto the app icon or the preview list to select them for renaming. (Dragging files onto the icon launches the application if it isn't already running.)
- Thumb viewer and file preview display "bad file" notice when an image file is incomplete or corrupt.
- "Renew Selected Thumbs" is faster.
- Sidebar item titles ellipse to fit width of view.