CNET Editors' review
TechHit's SimplyFile is an Outlook add-on that makes it extremely easy to save e-mail messages in specific folders. It uses a unique folder prediction technology to quickly determine which folder an e-mail message belongs in, without requiring you to create and maintain a bunch of complex rules. A single mouse click is enough to send most messages to the appropriate file. It also analyzes the way you use it, adapting itself to your filing habits.
SimplyFile adds a customizable toolbar with control buttons and a configuration tab to the Outlook Add-In toolbar; right-clicking the tab lets you select between Standard, Advanced, and Web modes and you can customize the toolbars. A left click calls up SimplyFile's main menu, with Actions, Options, and Display Stats entries, among others. SimplyFile is easy to use, but it gets easier as it studies your habits, and a Web-based Help file is accessible from the add-in menu as well as the Windows Start menu. The interesting Quick Pick tab calls up a dialog listing folders for fast selections, and there are task and scheduling tabs, too. The most intriguing item is labeled Train SimplyFile. This calls up a wizard-like dialog that analyzes your folders to learn how and where you store messages. We browsed to a personal folder and clicked Start Training, and the program quickly analyzed the folder's contents.
If you'd like to set up a raft full of message rules in Outlook to save yourself time and effort but haven't made much progress on that goal, SimplyFile can help you get there.Editor's note: This is a review of the full version of SimplyFile 184.108.40.206. The trial version is limited to 30 days trial only.
SimplyFile helps you file email messages in your Outlook folders quickly and efficiently. It has advanced folder prediction technology, one click of a button is all it takes to send a message to the right folder.
It features files messages to the right Outlook folder with one click of a mouse, uses an advanced algorithm to learn and adapt to your filing habits, no configuration wizards, no manual setup, and no rules to maintain.
More Products to Consider
- Join live-video chat rooms from around the world.
- Chat with other people and participate in group discussions.
- Talk with friends and family for free over the Internet.
- Add thousands of cool effects to webcam video for live video ch...
- Add dynamic effects to your video from HD Webcams.
- Add a virtual webcam with amazing video effects to your video c...
- Add live Webcam effects to your videos and photos.
- Receive email alerts for your outlook.com, live.com, or hotmai...
- Integrate MailEnable with Microsoft Outlook.
- Communicate instantly with your friends using avatars, PC-to-PC...
- Integrate MailEnable with Microsoft Outlook.
- Connect your Nokia phone to PC to sync data, download software,...
- Chat with friends on MSN, Facebook, Yahoo, MySpace, AIM or ICQ,...
- Manage your e-mails, calendars, and contacts and sync with Gmai...
- Manage and control all e-mail services.
- Manage and control all e-mail services from your PC.
- Add a virtual Webcam for video chats software such as Skype, MS...
- Turn your PC into a video security system.
- Chat with your friends from your desktop.
- Create faxes from scanner and manage your documents.
- Run multiple Skype accounts on the same computer.
- Improve your Internet performance by modifying modem settings.
- Establish an e-mail retrieval connection between MS Exchange Se...
- Capture, edit, print, and share photos and videos from your Web...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"It's a keeper!"
Version: SimplyFile 220.127.116.11
Huge time saver. Amazingly good at interpreting the preferred folder. Easy to navigate to the correct folder. I am using this with Outlook 2010 and so far the program does not create instability in Outlook.
Cost. Could be more aesthetically pleasing.
Great program for the power filer. Especially when you need to file those sent files and do so quickly.
Version: SimplyFile 18.104.22.168
Very quickly at filing.
"Filing made easy with just one click."
Version: SimplyFile 22.214.171.124
While not perfect, it does an amazing job of suggesting where you'd like to file both incoming and outgoing messages. This program has saved me countless hours of using Outlook's native "move and navigate to folder" over the years.
It isn't perfect...but what program is?
If you are a "filer" and not simply a "deleter", this program will quickly pay for itself in time saved.
"Made Outlook unstable"
Version: SimplyFile 126.96.36.199
It does indeed provide very convenient tools for organizing email in Outlook. The way it works fits in nicely with the way I file my emails.
After I installed it Outlook became very unstable, frequently becoming unresponsive, which necessitated a forced shut down of Outlook using Task Manager. I uninstalled SimplyFile and Outlook became stable again.
I like the concept and I like the way it works, when it works. However, the instability it caused in Outlook isn't acceptable. I will watch for updates and will probably try it again, in the hope that the developer will improve the stability.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content