From Familie Fischer:
Since summer 2007 it is possible to connect the model-railway to a Macintosh/PC not only via the serial port but also via USB (without using a USB-serial-converter) and via Ethernet. The possible connection depends solely on the selected digital central unit. The version v0.5 of SimpleDigitalLocomotive supports the connection using a serial port (or in one special case via USB using an USB-serial-converter if a MacOS-X driver is installed) and the connection via Ethernet port.
This simple program can control digital model railway systems compatible to the 6050-syntax, the Intellibox-extended-syntax or the Selectrix-syntax using the serial port of an Apple Macintosh. Locomotives, function models and accessories (accessories not for the Selectrix-syntax). Apple's standard serial port was the RS.422 (8-pin) instead of the PC-world's RS.232 (9-pin). After the release of the first iMac and G3 blue/white (1999) this serial port was no longer implemented by Apple. Macs of today have only USB as their standard serial interface.
The old Digital Interface 6050 / 6051 (which is required to connect a Mrkl6021 Central Unit with a computer) has its own serial port (DIN 8-pin) and is shipped with a cable RS.232-to-Digital- Interface-6051. Our beta-tester Carsten Bansemer reported a succesfull connection via a DB9-DB25 converter to this cable to connect an old 68k-Mac using a Mac-modem-serial cable. We have tested that installation succesfully: this way is the easiest and simplest one for setting up a stable connection.
Other digital controlling devices (for example the IB classic) have built in a RS.232 modem-serial port. A connection to the Mac is then possible with a standard Mac-modem-cable.
What's new in this version:
- switchboard loading and saving speed increased.
- CS2/CC-Schnitte-2: M4-motor settings added.
- EC: supporting functions up to F28: new syntax added in window "Init" and more function ranges for the EC added in window "ControlF".
More Products to Consider
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
This download is served from an external siteclose
NOTICE: This link will open a connection to a third-party site. CNET cannot ensure the security of software that is hosted on external sites.Sponsored Products
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Design and print labels for your tapes, discs, and other disc m...
- Disable private browsing option in any Web browser.
- Access and create great cheats for your PS3.
- Create, share, and print id and passport photos.
- Local conditions, severe-weather alerts, radar, and forecasts o...
- Print checks from blank check stock and create pre-printed pers...
- Design and print your own garden plan.
- Perform manufacturer independent OBD2 car diagnostics as well a...
- Make simple plans of houses, rooms, street maps and other schem...
- Mix your own blend of e-liquids.
- Watch videos, shows, and movies from Web sites such as Hulu, CB...
- Perform accurate, calibrated measurements from live video, stil...
- Plan the design of your kitchen.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"moved to new homepage: http://www.sdl.claranet.de/"
Version: SimpleDigitalLocomotiveX 0.5a7
free, supports all known Märklin devices
no automatic route control
alternative homepage: http://simpledigitallocomotive.npage.de/
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content