SideMonitor turns your iPhone or iPod Touch into a extra monitor of your PC. It can show specific part of your PC screen on the iPhone or act like a additional monitor. You can place any programs on the monitor. Extended display support only with Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP. Vista and Windows 7 can only mirror existing displays.
PC: Reasonably modern PC (Pentium 4 / Athlon64 or above, multi-core processor recommended) running Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7 RC, in either 32 bit or 64 bit version.
Download PC Agent from our web site. (http://www.costep.co.kr/SideMonitor_setup.zip)
And install downloaded program.
The installer works for all supported platforms and will install the correct 32 bit or 64 bit drivers.
Important! If you uninstall a previous version you have to restart the computer before starting the new setup. Otherwise the new display driver will be uninstalled on the next restart and you have to install it again!
[all os] Fullscreen games are only partially drawn / flicker
SideMonitor cannot accurately capture games runnning in fullscreen mode. There will inevitably be artifacts like partially drawn scenes and flickering. This can only be avoided by running games in windowed mode and using SideMonitor with static viewport.
[Vista/Win7] The SideMonitor cannot be used as an extended screen
There is no SideMonitor display driver for the Vista driver model available. Because of this you can only mirror existing displays with SideMonitor.
Vista display drivers are harder to create and even if I wrote one it could not be enabled besides an existing graphics card(refer to "MultiMonitor Support and Windows Vista" for further information).
[XP/2003] Blue screen (BSOD) when enabling the secondary display
There is a bug in Windows that produces a BSOD under certain circumstances when extending the desktop to a secondary monitor. This error is not specific to SideMonitor, but will also occur when using multiple graphic adapters. Please refer to Microsoft knowledge base article 959252 to download the hotfix. Reboot the maybe unbootable PC in safe mode and manually delete the SideMonitor display driver in the device manager. After applying the hotfix you can install the display driver again.
For Vista users, is there any other way to get an extended screen on the iPhone?
If you have a graphics card with two monitor outputs you can make a VGA dummy plug. Put it on your free VGA output and Windows should detect a secondary monitor. It is also possible to just plug the three 75 Ohm resistors into a DVI-to-VGA adapter that is included with most (if not all) graphics cards.
NOTE: Use the resistors, some sites will claim it also works by just shorting together the pins with three pieces of wire, but this is not the correct way to do it and may either not work or even damage your graphics card. If you cannot find 75 Ohm resistors, use values within a 10 % range around it (68 and 82 Ohm are common values).
Windows gives warnings that the drivers are not certified
This is normal, none of the drivers shipped with SideMonitor is digitally signed or WHQL certified.
iPhone Side Guide
- Run the SideMonitor on your iPhone.
- Enter the IP of your PC.
- Touch the connect button.
- Enjoy it!
- touch for mouse simulation
- two finger tap for scaling
- audio streaming
- support other platforms
This program is based on PSPdisp v0.3 (http://jjs.at). But SideMonitor is not working with it.
More Products to Consider
- Browse the web with Opera Mini for iOS.
- If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find...
- Download sponsored mobile apps to get paid iOS apps for free.
- IFile Downloader is a fully featured download manager that allo...
- What's new in this version: The function of WEBDAV is enhanced ...
- IBlacklist is the best call blocker and SMS selector available ...
- IWATCH DVR 2 is a new version of iWatch DVR which is a H.264 DV...
- View documents, images, video, and audio on your iOS device.
- Ease your e-mail management.
- IWATCH DVR is a H.264 DVR remote viewer. It can be viewed in no...
- A Free Quick and Simple Calculator for the iPad (also works wit...
- Browse the web fast.
- When you are not at home and there children or old families nee...
- Matrix Master is a very easy to use matrix problem solver. Its ...
- Note: This app only create capes that can be used in the PC edi...
- WinAdmin 1.2.2 has been released with some minor fixes to the p...
- This app is designed for use by Mood Media field technicians. T...
- Puffin Web Browser is a wicked fast Mobile Flash Browser. Once ...
- Sichuan Mahjong - Nikakudori is a classic game played with mahj...
- This app gives you extra keyboards with handy using emojis, sym...
- King Bongo for iPhone creates simple virtual Bongo drums. Launc...
- Puffin Web Browser is wicked fast. Once users experience the th...
- YYC Vote 13 keeps you connected to the 2013 city of Calgary Gen...
- Particles is an interactive particle system - a field of dots t...