Shared Serial Ports is an advanced utility, the purpose of which is to share real serial ports between multiple applications in the way, that all applications will receive same data from real serial port simultaneously. Shared Serial Ports can be used for serial port emulation, as it connects real serial ports by creating virtual serial ports, which are same copies as real ones.
Each application will think that it is working with serial port in exclusive mode. All virtual serial ports will be able to send data to real serial port. Also, you will be able to set permissions to read, write or change control lines state for every application separately. To start sharing a serial port you should simply select the serial port you wish to share in the drop-down list and put a checkmark "Share this port".
What's new in this version:
- Additional stabilizations under Windows 2000
- Interface enhancements
- "Hot" installation - no reboot required either for installation or for creation of virtual serial ports
- Completely transparent operation
- Bidirectional data transfer
- flexible permissions control
- Unique sharing technology