CNET Editors' review
SecureSafe Pro offers strong encryption to help keep your passwords sorted and secure. The lock-box-like application is ideal for folks who have more passwords than they can easily manage and files they'd like to sequester for their eyes only.
Using an interface based on the familiar three-pane e-mail client look and feel, this app is easy to navigate. A wizard gets you started, and the icons for adding and managing passwords, credit cards, and other data are easy to use. Arranging passwords by categories, such as e-mail, Internet, business, and so forth, makes it easy to keep track, and within the entry fields is plenty of room for notes and extra info. If creating strong passwords isn't your best trait, SecureSafe Pro also includes a password generator. In the event you need to export your data into a spreadsheet or Web document, the application has you covered. The visuals are perhaps a bit dated, and the price tag may not agree with everyone, but anyone looking for a simple, secure method for tracking a whole heap of passwords, personal information, and sensitive files will want to give SecureSafe Pro a trial run.
If you are having problems remembering all your access passwords and logins, would like to protect yourself against identity theft and need a reliable software solution to store files with confidential information in one place safely and securely, you need to get SecureSafe Pro. Sure, it may sound like a sales push, but you'll change your mind once you try it. After all, great software sells itself. And here is why:
First, SecureSafe Pro is 100% free to download and try. Second, it uses a military-grade encryption standard approved and used by the US Department of Defense (namely AES, Advanced Encryption Standard with 256-bit key). Third, it frees you from having to remember all of your passwords and logins. They are stored in a database tree, which is very easy to search and navigate.
When you visit a site, simply click the SecureSafe Pro icon conveniently located in the system tray, enter your access password and that's it. Never check "Remember my login and password" box on websites, since this is not safe and may lead to hackers getting access to your private information, or worse yet - stealing your identity. Use SecureSafe Pro instead.
The program also includes a number of safety precautions, such as the unloading of access data if the program is left idle, and a "tough password generator" feature.
This program is not just another password keeper. You can store regular files inside the program. The program can store any file and all files can be launched from SecureSafe Pro. The files stored with SecureSafe Pro won't be visible and accessible to anybody but you. There are no limits to how many entries you can store and the program is incredibly easy to use.
What's new in this version: SecureSafe Pro works well under Windows 8. 24 new custom icons have been added. Now SecureSafe Pro allow you to choose from more than 330 icons for each item.
More Products to Consider
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antiSpy...
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Generate random passwords on your Windows PC.
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Prevent Spyware and Malware running from your PC.
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Fix mislabeled song info, fill in missing album art and remove ...
- Manage all of your passwords.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Edit voice and sound recordings on a Windows PC.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Store your passwords in an encrypted vault.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Very good and valuable product"
Version: SecureSafe Pro 1.44 build 07.25
Clean interface, reasonable price.
I use SecureSafe for storing all my login info, credit card details and files. The files feature is very useful because I don't wont some files to be stolen (or even seen) from my PC.
I even use SecureSafe as a URL cataloger. Yes, it is great product.
"Great freeform password manager!"
Version: SecureSafe Pro 1.42 build 05.12
I used to use the notes function in MS Outlook to store all my passwords, obviously not the most secure management solution. I did however like how I could write whatever I want without being restrained by preset username/password fields, and SecureSafe Pro gives me this flexibility. AES encryption and sleek interface round out this excellent program.